What's new

before bed moisturizing

Can I use Trumpers skinfood or Hydorlast conditioner to moisturize before bed?

Or is there a better option?

Any of you guys do this?

Absolutely! I think there are better choices but it's all personal preference. Moisturizing is always preferred to not moisturizing. I think your skin gets driest during the evening, or something to that effect, and dry skin is what leads to signs of aging. I moisturize my eyes, face, and then lips every night (or try to, anyway).

I use MyChelle for Men Smooth after shaving in the morning.
At night, after washing my face, I use Orjene Organics CoQ10 OliveVitale.

Very happy with both and they're relatively inexpensive.

Yes, I do it as part of my evening shaving routine. Fortunately, DE lets me shave at night and still be smooth in the morning, so I apply Alt-Innsbruck ASB before going to bed. It works wonderfully - my skin has never been better. I'm not crazy about having a cream on my face, but it's no bother when I'm asleep.

Find a health food store that sells natural shea butter. Use a tiny bit, rub between your palms to melt, then put a thin coat on your face before bed.
If you find that is a bit too thick or sticky, you can also try Jojoba oil.
I only do this in the winter when my face is really dry. Works well for chapped hands too.

I'm using hydrolast right now for this purpose. It does the job well. I think I might try Olivia balm next based on price. Slash for aftershave balm for night time moisturizer

Currently using Nancy Boy's Ultramarine Night Cream.

Definitely moisturizes, but I'm waiting to see if it works on the lines. It leaves my face a little oilier than I like but it hasn't been causing any breakouts yet.

Ren Frankensence and Mirh nightcream is excellent, not cheap but really does the job and helps repair skin damage.

Absolutely! I think there are better choices but it's all personal preference. Moisturizing is always preferred to not moisturizing. I think your skin gets driest during the evening, or something to that effect, and dry skin is what leads to signs of aging. I moisturize my eyes, face, and then lips every night (or try to, anyway).

I never used a moisturizer before bed because I've always labored under the conception (or misconception) that one's skin should breathe at night. Since there are layers of witch hazel and after shave balm and moisturizer smothering my face during the day, I just wash it all off and keep my face nude during the night. My skin looks very good for my age, so it's a practice that I trust, but I do concede that I never tried it any other way so I have no baseline with which to compare it. :confused1

I never used a moisturizer before bed because I've always labored under the conception (or misconception) that one's skin should breathe at night. Since there are layers of witch hazel and after shave balm and moisturizer smothering my face during the day, I just wash it all off and keep my face nude during the night. My skin looks very good for my age, so it's a practice that I trust, but I do concede that I never tried it any other way so I have no baseline with which to compare it. :confused1

Whatever works for you. If skin did "breathe" in the way that you're suggesting, then doing what you're doing during the day would certainly cause some apparent damage, would it not? Actually, I agree that skin breathes, but I don't think a moisturizer could prevent this from happening.

I heard a plastic surgeon on the radio saying that if you moisturize your face every night this will eventually make it so your body stops making natural oils, leading to drier skin that requires more moisturization, and the cycle continues.

don't know if it is true, though

I've taken to using glycerin half/half with water right before bed. Too soon to say if it works.

I heard a plastic surgeon on the radio saying that if you moisturize your face every night this will eventually make it so your body stops making natural oils, leading to drier skin that requires more moisturization, and the cycle continues.

don't know if it is true, though

I've taken to using glycerin half/half with water right before bed. Too soon to say if it works.

hmm...how about toner? Since Thayer's has a bit of glycerin in it it's the only thing I use after a shower. I have a few facial moisturizers that are supposedly lightweight but feel heavier after I wake up.

vaseline petroleum jelly is the best moisturizer. Pure oil, nothing you can be allergic to, and although its greasy, using it at night ensures that you won't get in on any nice clothing. Its the perfect solution for facilitating healing after an over aggressive shave earlier in the day. The only contraindication would be that it would exacerbate acne, so anyone with a tendency towards acne should not use this.

Instead, folks with acne can get decent moisturizing using 50% (v/v) glycerin dissolved in water. The traditional formulation uses rose scented water but you can mix plain water too. The glycerin will not worsen acne and will act as a soothing and gentle night time or even post shave moisturizer.

The beauty of both of these products, besides the fact that they work well, is that they are simple, preservative free and cheap.

Another option for a simple, inexpensive moisturizer is to use a few (literally 3-5) drops of jojoba oil. It can be a little shiny if you use too much, but since you want to use it at bedtime that shouldn't matter.

Skin Bracer :thumbup:

proxy.php

Top Bottom