What's new

Portland General Store Wet Shave Jelly

hhmm... looks pretty good. The products read like good stuff.
Let us know how they are. I'd be tempted but my budget's been stretched just a little too far lately....

I have used her TABAC shave soap and aftershave for a while. They are both great. The soap is slick, it contains clay, and the splash is very soothing.

I ordered the Tabac Jelly, and the Whiskey Soap - hoping I like them, sounds like they are both formidable scents!

Maybe I'm misunderstanding their products. Are they not supposed to create a lather at all?

I just tried whipping up both the whiskey scented whipped shave cream and the tobacco scented shave jelly.

I have to say, I'm pretty much only impressed with the scents. Makes no lather at all. Your skin feels like it's slick, but I don't really trust it without that cushion there.

A few pumps of KMF saved the shave today.

My products arrived yesterday. The scent on the tobacco Jelly is outstanding - it's very calming, I would say it smells like tea almost. Haven't had a chance to try it out.

The Whiskey lives up to it's name - if you cracked open a bottle of jack and took a whiff, this is the smell you'd get. I don't think I like it at all - will probably try to sell it in the Marketplace because I nearly gagged when I opened it.

I'll post a review once I've had a chance to lather it up. With hundreds of samples laying around because of my rampant AD, i don't know when I'll get to it.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding their products. Are they not supposed to create a lather at all?

I'd have to say with the name "shave jelly" that they were never intended to be lathered.

Furthermore, this is the ingredient list provided by the people who make it:

Ingredients: Organic Aloe Juice, Meadowfoam Seed, Organic Bilberry Extract, Organic Sugar Cane Extract, Organic Sugar Maple Extract, Organic Orange Fruit Extract, Organic Lemon Extract, Organic Cranberry Extract, Essential Oils, Phenoxyethanol, Witch Hazel, Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, Carbomer, TEA, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid.

I don't see anything on that list that would even remotely THINK about lathering.

Top Bottom