What's new

Hi from the Penzance Barber

Hi folks, just like to introduce myself.

I just moved here from the MSN wetshavers group and was relieved to see some familiar names. I wouldn't want to appear to be some sort of forum mutineer :biggrin:

I'm Mat and I own a traditional gents barber shop in Penzance, Cornwall. I am NOT a barber, just someone who loves the old school gents grooming thing and decided to live the scene a little. I am currently practising cut throat (straight) shaves on myself with what would now seem to be quite a lot of success. I am also practising on a group of lunatic friends, again with some success. I am hoping to be proficient enough in a few months or so to be able to offer this service myself in my shop.

I have got so much useful info from the wetshavers and this forum that I thought I should register, intoduce myself and say thanks to everyone for posting such invaluable information.

Cheers guys!

Hopefully I will be able to offer advice of my own in the not to distant future.

Mat

Thanks guys.

Iwan, I was brought up in Swindon. Have you ever been to Chesterfields Barber Shop opposite the railway museum? I always wondered what it was like in there and whether they did shaves or not. It always looked really old school and stylish from the outside.

Mat

Hi Mat, Welcome to B&B. Great to have you aboard. Listen why not open a store on this side of the pond. (Just a thought). Will look for you around the boards. :a14:

Iwan, I was brought up in Swindon. Have you ever been to Chesterfields Barber Shop opposite the railway museum? I always wondered what it was like in there and whether they did shaves or not. It always looked really old school and stylish from the outside.

I know the place you mean, but I've never been in there. Although it does look very old school in there, there seem to be lots of women stylists wielding hairdryers every time I walk past - so I always assumed it was a salon.

There's nowhere in Swindon that does straight shaves as far as I know, well apart from me doing them every morning before work. :lol:

Good afternoon Mat and welcome, it's nice to see a few more guys from the UK on here. Keep us posted on the Barbers shop, I could pop in when on holiday! Sadly, I don't know of any proper Barbers shops anywhere in Gloucestershire or Wiltshire - perhaps there's an opening, I had high hopes of the one in Hungerford but they use a Mach 3!

Top Bottom