What's new

How do you do touch ups?

So I finish shaving, wash my face, wash all the extra lather down the sink, dry off and all that...
find out I missed a spot.

How do you guys do touch ups when you're all dry and the lather is all gone?

M

Mateo

I keep lather in my brush until I am completely done. Don't clean up until you are satisfied with the shave results. After I rinse my face, I do a "feel" inspection. If I find a spot or two that needs touched up, I simply reapply lather where needed, and shave.

I don't wait until my face is dry to do touch ups. Touch up is the last part of my actual shave while my face is still wet and with lather. I hold off on rinsing my brush until the end so I still have a bit of lather left just in case I have to go over some spots. If after all that I find a spot that missed and its not to bad I just leave it. If I just can't leave it alone or I really missed it in my shave I splash some warm water on it and go over it.

I try not to shave when my face is completely dry because it causes my razor to skip. This usually leads to nicks and cuts. There have been so many times I have had great shaves with no problems until I tried shaving on a dry face searching for the perfect BBS shave only to end up seeing red.:thumbdown

My touch up is minimal now that my technique has improved. I get a good majority of the hair in my initial passes. Hope that helps. Enjoy and have fun.

Joe

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Official B&B policy requires that you agonize over your mistake until the next morning. :thumbup1:

While you wash your face off (during the warm water rinse) just feel around your face for any spots. Then your face is still wet so it's not a big deal

In the process of rinsing between passes/after a pass, I'll check for stubble/missed spots. If I find some, I re-lather and shave as needed until it's smooth.

I keep lather in my brush until I am completely done. Don't clean up until you are satisfied with the shave results. After I rinse my face, I do a "feel" inspection. If I find a spot or two that needs touched up, I simply reapply lather where needed, and shave.

+1.... I have noticed a slight rough patch after applying my ASB. When this happens, I have a Simpson Wee Scot that I will use with Tabac. It allows a small area of dense lather and I'll do a little blade buffing in this area.

If I feel a little stubble while applying my AS I simply buff using just the AS as a lubricant. Now, now, don't get excited, don't knock it til you've tried it. :thumbup:

If I feel a little stubble while applying my AS I simply buff using just the AS as a lubricant. Now, now, don't get excited, don't knock it til you've tried it. :thumbup:

Not for nutin', but I also do this. My Skin Bracer, AV, Old Spice etc. offers alot of glide when touching up. BBS everytime!!

For my touch-up pass, I squeeze a little bit of lather out of the brush and apply it with my hand instead to feel for the areas that need more attention.

Shave oil is practically made for this. I bought some before discovering wet shaving, and my main complaint is that it gunks up cartridge razors with stubble. It's great for touch ups, though. The lather from your next shave should probably remove any residue it leaves behind.

I usually apply lather to my face after my three pass shave and run my fingers over my face, touching up while I go along..

I end up doing a water touch up after every shave. Just apply some warm water and go over that rough area with whatever razor your using, DE or straight. The water allows the razor to take care of the rough areas, as the stubble is still soft from the shave. :thumbup1:

I usually save some lather in the brush until I'm sure I'm done. But in the rare instance where I've missed a spot and washed away the lather, I just wet a finger and rub it on the tip of a shave stick or puck then rub my finger on the place I need to touch up.

Top Bottom