What's new

Parker 21 fountain pen

For those interested in vintage fountain pens but can't or don't want to stretch the budget to a Parker 51, do yourself a favour and try a Parker 21. I bought one because I used to use one at school many many years ago and to be honest, I think it writes every bit as good as my Parker 51. If you're lucky, you can pick one up on eBay for less than $20. I also prefer the filing system on the 21.

The 21 was my first fountain pen...a NOS from the bay. Love how it writes and fills. A nice price if you want to dip your toe in the FP water. Careful though, it's a slippery slope once you dip that toe in...

Ben

Yes the "21" is a great pen... Referred to many years ago "as a Poor Man's "51" ". Great writers ... although because the barrel and hoods were made out of plastic not lucite as was the "51" there has been a tendency to cracking as the years go by... the Octinium nib has also had a tendency to flatten out a bit. A great pen to test the waters with tho

A little too broad a statement. I have had some duds.... mostly though with the duofolds, not with the "51" genre. Modern parkers you could chase me a country mile with

After using the "21" quite alot at work during the last few days I'm even more impressed with it. It writes so smoothly and actually keeps up when I need to take quick notes. I've already bought a second (with red barrel to fill with red ink) and I'm now looking for a third for those long sessions at work when a single fill isn't enough ink so I'll have a spare. My Cross Titanium has been relagated to the pen tray in the drawer I'm afraid.

I have always used modern, not vintage, fountain pens. After loosing my waterman I am carrying around a cheap Duke, but it writes rather well.

This thread has spurred my interest in vintage pens and a 21 may be the place to start.

Top Bottom