What's new

Cool video on getting lather out of Williams

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Funny - Williams mug with a Williams label on the cup :lol:

He's working it quite a lot...

That's just too much. Just spend the three times more on a tube of Proraso that lathers like a dream. I can get Proraso going in thirty seconds or less, no matter how hot the brush or bowl is.

Williams smells like a citronella candle. Not only does it keep the bugs away, but also the ladies. I wouldn't care if the lather exploded like the stay puft marshmallow man in ghostbusters...it's still trash. Oh and YMMV.:lol:

Williams smells like a citronella candle. Not only does it keep the bugs away, but also the ladies. I wouldn't care if the lather exploded like the stay puft marshmallow man in ghostbusters...it's still trash. Oh and YMMV.:lol:

Murphy's oil soap.

In the video, the guy is going slower than necessary in order to talk about what he's doing. Doesn't take that long in practice.

No use arguing about smells or "scents". That's one area where your mileage really does vary. One reason I like Williams is that it doesn't leave a smell. It just does its job, does it well, and goes away.

But no Williams thread would be complete without the anti-Williams brigade.

I'm such an obsessive I've seen both of those videos. I probably have seen just about any good shaving video that I could find....I've spent weeks on youtube....search :blink:

That's just too much. Just spend the three times more on a tube of Proraso that lathers like a dream. I can get Proraso going in thirty seconds or less, no matter how hot the brush or bowl is.

That's how I feel. Yeah you can make Williams lather but it takes time. VDH is cheap like Williams, but can be lathered without even thinking about it.

Even when you get lather from Williams, it is drying. . .on my skin anyways.

I get a kick out of reading the Williams threads... I haven't watched the videos yet (check it out tomorrow) as I'm on my Blackberry and the AT&T reception here is junk. Anyway, I like Williams!! I have no problem getting a bowl full of lather in 15-25 seconds... the lather is lasting, slick and I like the smell. (I really don't like all these crazy foo foo scents out there).

Now here's the funny thing... I have trouble getting 0mega cream to lather and don't get as good of a shave with it as I do with Williams! I have tried different amounts of water, temperature, slow/fast, doesn't matter. The Williams lather sticks to the razor, Omega is messy and drips off. I have even tried face lathering it to no avail.

So, that makes me wonder, is water hardness making a difference? I don't know if mine is hard or soft as I am on public supply, but something must be making the difference. How is it a "hard to lather" product is easy for me, but the "easy to lather" product is not??

Good Lord, I just watched that first video... If it took me that long to lather Williams, I would bin it as well. I guess I am one of the lucky few that don't have that problem! :thumbup1:

That's how I feel. Yeah you can make Williams lather but it takes time. VDH is cheap like Williams, but can be lathered without even thinking about it.

Even when you get lather from Williams, it is drying. . .on my skin anyways.

Williams really doesn't take much more time to lather, and the smell to me is the clean smell of ivory soap. If it is drying to your skin add a few drops of glycerine, or a little bit of your favorite aftershave that has glycerine in it. I use aqua velva, or polar ice. The extra glycerine also helps in the lathering of the williams, makes it thicker almost like tabac.

Clayton

Now that's a good line! :thumbup1:

marty

Top Bottom