What's new

How to load from a tub?

I just got my first cream that doesn't come in a tube, and I was wondering how to load my brush with it. I prefer to keep my fingers clean, so do I simply swirl the wet brush in the tub a couple times? I have the TH Grafton cream.

Hi Winky.

I've used 2 methods. I've used a small Espresso spoon to scoop out a little and then wipe that out into your bowl with the brush.

Normally, I squeeze the brush, and just lightly rub the hair over the surface of the cream. This may take a few tries to get the amount of cream right, and some getting used to, but it works good and I'd guess is the most popular.

Hi Winky.

I've used 2 methods. I've used a small Espresso spoon to scoop out a little and then wipe that out into your bowl with the brush.

Normally, I squeeze the brush, and just lightly rub the hair over the surface of the cream. This may take a few tries to get the amount of cream right, and some getting used to, but it works good and I'd guess is the most popular.

+1

You can also use a popsicle stick to scoop the cream from the tub.

There are really two methods I have used, and I honestly think the one you use depends on your experience and skill level. When I started wet shaving, I had a little trouble getting my water and cream levels accurate and consistent. As I was learning to make the perfect cream, I decided to use a small spoon to add the soap to my shave bowl, which allowed me to be exact with the cream/water ratio. With time and an increase in my comfort level, I began just swirling the brush directly in/on the cream. I would experiment with both and see which allows you the better consistency on your face.

or , dip wet brush into the tub when it is upside down. Remember , you dont need alot of shave cream for a 2 or 3 pass shave.

Top Bottom