What's new

The Joy of Ironing

not me... But it's great that you do. Most women I know hate ironing as much as I do. I'd wager your wife is the same way. If you enjoy it, I bet it's proving really good for your marriage :w00t:

As much as I hate to admit but I love a crisply pressed shirt with a DE sharp collar!

I also love doing dishes, its mindless work with immediate results and I can think and not be bothered while doing it. I have a dishwasher that I ran MAYBE 4 times in 5 years...

Same here, ironing is my job concerning the family laundry. It's a good way to let yout houghts wander while you do it. Also a great opportunity to listen to music without distraction.

I'm just the opposite when I iron. I require full, undivided attention. Did I ever tell you guys about the time I had a skip level meeting with the director of my department (my boss' boss)?

I was running late, my pants were wrinkled, and the iron was buried beneath moving boxes in the basement, yet I pressed on...oh God, that awful pun was not intentional, I promise. Anyways, I decided to go through all the riggamarole to iron the pants (first mistake) and while doing so, started arguing with my wife (second mistake). I managed to make it out the door with barely a minute to spare, but I was starting to calm down from the morning's events...when I looked down and saw the very long, very noticeable DOUBLE crease down my left pant leg.

Oh man, sometimes I don't know why I bother!

:laugh:

I'm with you, Andrew. I love to iron.

I think some people hate to iron because they don't know how to do it right (ironing wrinkles in, skipping difficult spots). When you have the technique down, it's very relaxing.

Any other guys enjoy ironing? I even iron my wife's clothes! It's like a zen thing for me.

Absolutely...only when it comes to the shirts my wife washes. Most of shirts are dry cleaned though. I like them crisp and ironed...can't stand wrinkled shirts (even the ones that say wrinkle-free). Maybe I have OCD or something?:001_smile or maybe I am Iron-Man :thumbup:... bad joke, I know

-Robert

Absolutely...only when it comes to the shirts my wife washes. Most of shirts are dry cleaned though. I like them crisp and ironed...can't stand wrinkled shirts (even the ones that say wrinkle-free). Maybe I have OCD or something?:001_smile or maybe I am Iron-Man :thumbup:... bad joke, I know

-Robert

Yep, wrinkled shirts **** me off! I actually iron t-shirts that I wear under other shirts. I know, I'm weird!

I dont hate ironing, but I dont particularly like doing it either. With my daily attire (I only own 1 suit that has been worn twice), I throw it in the dryer to get the wrinkles out. If they are so bad that the dryer does not work, then I will iron them. If I am going out somewhere, I will iron as a first step just to get it over with. Most of the shirts I wear are polyester or polyester blended golf shirts, so really there is no need to iron them. I usually wear jeans or khaki cargo pants, and neither needs to be pressed in appearance, as I am going to a shop, and not an office.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Yahoo! Babelfish

Enter: Zen
Translate from English to B&B
Result: Whipped

I personally derive a great deal of satisfaction from doing my own small part to ensure gainful employment for the fine ladies and gentlemen at my local dry cleaners.

Top Bottom