What's new

How do you splash...an aftershave splash?

You know how you see these handsome guys on TV splashing the aftershave on their face with their 2 hands like you would splash cold refreshing water on your face..well...this doesn't work.

I tried emptying the liquid in one hand and then quickly splashing it to my face, but half the liquid ended up in the sink! I barely felt the liquid on my face. At that rate, I am now down 15% of the bottle after 3 shaves.

The only logical and economical way to splashing the aftershave is by not splashing it at all but rather by using a cotton ball and applying that to one's face.

How do you splash your splash?

Last edited:
Cup my left hand, pour/splash a little into the hand (so a tiny puddle develops) rub my hands together lightly, then rub the damp hands onto my face and neck.

The guys on the ads are likely just splashing their faces with water, possibly to represent the cooling/soothing/bracing effect of the aftershave.

At no point should you throw aftershave at your face....the alcohol will likely really really sting :blushing:

Since Aqua Velva is so cheap, I just upend the bottle above my face and shave vigorously (my face that is)

Exactly what Timmy said. I wouldn't normally post to point this out except I'm trying to get to 3000 tonight.

You're trying to do what?

Edit - in case anyone is thinking I'm... "special" right about now, this was just an opportunigy for mason to quote my post and explain - thus coming one step closer to his goal.

Last edited:
Yep. Except I pour into my cupped right hand, being a lefty and all. I then rub it for a couple seconds and apply.

Exactly what Timmy said. I wouldn't normally post to point this out except I'm trying to get to 3000 tonight.

You got 8 to go!

Cup my left hand, pour/splash a little into the hand (so a tiny puddle develops) rub my hands together lightly, then rub the damp hands onto my face and neck.

Hmmm..never tried rubbing my hands together. Will try that on next shave.

Doesn't this though make more of the splash go into your hand's skin and less into your face?

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
You got 8 to go!

Doesn't this though make more of the splash go into your hand's skin and less into your face?

Depends, you will get a lot of splash on your hands but a lot on your face too...

You got 8 to go!

I suppose you could look at it that way, but remember, you are using only a small amount to begin with. You aren't really splashing anything, you are wetting your hands with it and patting your face.

Since Aqua Velva is so cheap, I just upend the bottle above my face and shave vigorously (my face that is)

Just reading this makes me want to cough and choke after my first personal encounter with AV today. I poured a little bit into my left hand, rubbed my hands together, wiped it on my face, gagged, and washed it off, then applied Nivea ASB (only other thing I had) instead.

Oh well. I only bought it because it was the last glass bottle on the shelf, and it was a whopping $3.

You know what? I don't hate this idea one bit. Splash on your face directly, cut the middle man and get more on the skin of your face.

Of course this has to be done only with a mild AS or as mentioned earlier the alcohol might sting you.

I will try all proposed method with my Speick Lotion on my next shave.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I suppose you could look at it that way, but remember, you are using only a small amount to begin with. You aren't really splashing anything, you are wetting your hands with it and patting your face.

That sounds like Charles Bronson a la Mandom!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You're trying to do what?

Edit - in case anyone is thinking I'm... "special" right about now, this was just an opportunigy for mason to quote my post and explain - thus coming one step closer to his goal.

everyone is special in their own way

You just splash a little in your hand and then splash it on your face. If your spilling more than you get on your face your doing it wrong.

I think you would be better off switching to balms if you cannot apply the splashes without using a cotton ball.

I think you would be better off switching to balms if you cannot apply the splashes without using a cotton ball.

What would be wrong with applying the splash with the cotton ball? (besides the un-cool factor). It seems to be to be a more economical way, specially for these 26$ bottles Speicks. It is the same way I apply witch hazel.

You know what? I don't hate this idea one bit. Splash on your face directly, cut the middle man and get more on the skin of your face.

Of course this has to be done only with a mild AS or as mentioned earlier the alcohol might sting you.

I will try all proposed method with my Speick Lotion on my next shave.

LOL, I was just foolin around - sounds like you are very adverse to wasting a single drop of AS :001_smile
I used to use a product called Solution 2 by Min New York. This came with a roller top so you could just apply it directly to your face. Maybe you should look into something like that :thumbup1:

It's probably more economical to use your hands, as they will be less absorbent than a cotton ball, so you'll end up using less.

It's also a good chance to faceturbate and evaluate your shave, too.

What would be wrong with applying the splash with the cotton ball? (besides the un-cool factor). It seems to be to be a more economical way, specially for these 26$ bottles Speicks. It is the same way I apply witch hazel.
I don't see a problem with it - but you are still leaving some on the cotton ball. Are you plugging the hole with your finger before tipping and only letting out a little bit? If not, I could see you not wanting to upend the bottle into your palm.

LOL, I was just foolin around - sounds like you are very adverse to wasting a single drop of AS :001_smile

LOL, indeed! I hate wastage. I will be trying the direct to face splashing THEN hand massaging, seriously. It is not as crazy as it seems :)

Top Bottom