I have been toying around with a method of us sharing fragrances that we currently own with others on the board. This is a variation on the "swap box" theme that some of us have participated in previously. Before I invest in the supplies, I wanted to get a general sense if people would participate.
Here is the concept:
- I buy a bunch of empty fragrance sample containers, like what you get from T&H, Trumpers, etc.
- I fill up a bunch of samples from my stash (it is easy to spray into the vials, or decant from a splash top)
- I send these to the next person on the list, who takes what he wants, and replaces them 1-for-1 from his personal stash, using the empty vials provided
- Each person adds some number (to be determined) of additional samples so the box contents grow as the box moves along its way.
- We also provide a master list of fragrances available from each person, such that the person next to receive the box can request specific samples from the previous person
- The box travels from person to person, and eventually back to me.
I can start with quite a bunch of stuff, maybe 12-24 samples. Since the box just contains scent samples, it should be inexpensive to ship.
So my questions are:
Is this a good idea?
Would you participate?
Would you be willing to pay a nominal ($1-$2) fee to help pay for the supplies?
This is non-binding, obviously, I am just trying to get a feel for whether people think we should do this before going through the exercise.