What's new

First shave with an open comb

Just had my first shave with an open comb razor, man you can REALLY feel the blade, i have a merkur slant and a progress but the blade in either of these cannot be felt in the same way, gave me a great shave btw.

The open comb is a fine shaver. I use mine when I have 3 days or more of beard growth, and then I use it for my first, WTG, pass. I only do a 2 pass shave, so for my 2nd pass I use my regular safety bar razor. I use the Merkur Classic 1904 as my go to razors. :thumbup1:

I recently purchased an R41 and had my first open comb shave the other day. I really liked the way you could get it into those hard to reach places with the low profile head design. It definitely gave a lot of feedback unlike my slant.

The open comb is a fine shaver. I use mine when I have 3 days or more of beard growth, and then I use it for my first, WTG, pass. I only do a 2 pass shave, so for my 2nd pass I use my regular safety bar razor. I use the Merkur Classic 1904 as my go to razors. :thumbup1:

This is exactly what I do. Anything 3 days or more is my open comb 11C. Otherwise it's back to the Super Speed.

The Sheraton and some of the British Aristocrats are open-comb TTO's. I really enjoy my New Improved. Definitely has a unique feel to it.

Are these good for someone who has just got his technique down good? I wouldnt call myselft a newb, i have been wetshaving for a year. Im still not too great with an aggressive razor. Does open comb equal aggressive? I REALLY want a New Standard but man are they pricey!

Last edited:
Top Bottom