What's new

Salt Lake City Shaving

Nordstrom at Fashion Place Mall carries all of the Art of Shaving pre/post shave and creams (in all scents) and some brushes. They also carry some other high end stuff. Here is their link.
They don't mark up the price, same prices as the AoS website.

I stopped at Tabula Rasa today and had a nice talk with Mr Sean Bardley,its owner.Theyre now carrying the SMN fragances and theyre planning to have the shaving cream and Musgo Real shaving cream pretty soon.Also theyre gonna bring Penhaligons in the next couple weeks,maybe next month.
So it would be a good time to call them and let them know about what would you like to get from Penhaligons (EDTs,soaps,creams and so on) for they to know,since he didn't have a clue of what to get,besides EF and BB EDT,but he thought it would be great to carry most of the line in his store.
Mr.Bardley also told me that hes planning to add Acqua Di Parma fragances to his store in the next 5 or 6 months.I mentioned him about Floris and he said that hes gonna try to have it too.
Well done for Tabula Rasa!:thumbup::thumbup1:

I haven't been on in a long time but I thought I would give an update. There is now an AOS in the Fashion Place mall. It is located at the entrance by the California Pizza Kitchen. They will also be offering straight shaves in their "barber spa" at the rear of the store. It's only been open for 4 days but the folks working there seemed very knowledgeable.

Last edited:
I went to the art of shaving store today lots of temptations and a little for everyone straights, double edge, and triple edge various grades of brushes but all in a bulb cut no fans or other varieties of brushes. I didn't notice any boar brushes either

Hey guys. Looks like this isn't a very active thread any longer, but I found some good stuff the past few days so I thought I'd contribute.
proxy.php

Walgreens on 400 South downtown had the Pinaud Clubman. I wasn't sure what to expect when I bought it, but as soon as I opened it I recognized the smell. It's what the barbers always use! I love this scent and I'll probably be a lifetime Pinaud customer.

I went to Bountiful Nutrition and picked up the Thayer's, like someone mentioned earlier. Interesting stuff, pretty light on the smell. I also picked up that green soap puck, it's aloe oatmeal scented, smells really awesome. I'm going to try to add some ingredients to the soaps in the pictures and see if I can use them as shaving soap. Bountiful Nutrition also carries some soap making supplies, like bentonite clay, castor oil, and essential oils (scents) if you're into that.

Wal-Mart in Centerville supplied the Shave Secret oil, the Wilkinson Sword blades, and the Tres Flores. Shave secret is the first oil shaving product I've tried, but I must say that I didn't notice much of a difference using it. Haven't used the Wilkinsons yet, but I asked around and they are generally well liked. By the way, they're only $1.97 for a 10 pack! Right next to the $40 packs of Fusion blades hehe. Tres Flores is just petroleum and scent, I tried it out as a pomade but it was a little too runny. I included it here only because the smell is really nice, and those of you who like old school grooming products might like it.

I got a lot of ideas at wal-mart for shaving stuff. A glass oil/vinegar jar would be great for aftershave. Cheese graters are useful for forming soap into a mug. Lots of glass jars for shaving soaps.

Hey guys. Looks like this isn't a very active thread any longer, but I found some good stuff the past few days so I thought I'd contribute.
proxy.php

Walgreens on 400 South downtown had the Pinaud Clubman. I wasn't sure what to expect when I bought it, but as soon as I opened it I recognized the smell. It's what the barbers always use! I love this scent and I'll probably be a lifetime Pinaud customer.

I went to Bountiful Nutrition and picked up the Thayer's, like someone mentioned earlier. Interesting stuff, pretty light on the smell. I also picked up that green soap puck, it's aloe oatmeal scented, smells really awesome. I'm going to try to add some ingredients to the soaps in the pictures and see if I can use them as shaving soap. Bountiful Nutrition also carries some soap making supplies, like bentonite clay, castor oil, and essential oils (scents) if you're into that.

Wal-Mart in Centerville supplied the Shave Secret oil, the Wilkinson Sword blades, and the Tres Flores. Shave secret is the first oil shaving product I've tried, but I must say that I didn't notice much of a difference using it. Haven't used the Wilkinsons yet, but I asked around and they are generally well liked. By the way, they're only $1.97 for a 10 pack! Right next to the $40 packs of Fusion blades hehe. Tres Flores is just petroleum and scent, I tried it out as a pomade but it was a little too runny. I included it here only because the smell is really nice, and those of you who like old school grooming products might like it.

I got a lot of ideas at wal-mart for shaving stuff. A glass oil/vinegar jar would be great for aftershave. Cheese graters are useful for forming soap into a mug. Lots of glass jars for shaving soaps.

I love clubman. One of my favorites.
It's funny, the Taylorsville Walmart on 5400 South has all the DE blades locked up so nobody steals them.

In case anyone is still monitoring this, there is an AoS store at Fashion Place Mall now. It's in the mall near the new stores by Nordstrom. The wife unit got me a nice Christmas gift from there.

Just south of Fashion Place in the strip mall is a smoke shop that has a nice selection of shaving supplies and brushes it's next to Jason's Deli

Just saw this thread. I'm out in South Jordan. Picked up a bunch of AOS stuff on a recent trip to New York. Plus picked up some more stuff online. I guess a trip to Tabula Rasa and the gateway is in order.

Did anyone see the article about the Barbershop downtown? Had some legal issues due to their decorating with a music motif. They changed it to highlight local artists.

Any good barbershops that give good haircuts? Not sure if I'm interested in Shaves since I love shaving myself now at I got into DE shaving.

Also, I stopped by the AOS store inFasion Place as well as Nordstrom's. The guy at AOS was pretty knowledgable.

Dennis

For anybody in the Salt Lake City, Utah area, I found a shop that has some traditional shaving supplies. I didn't realize that they had razors till I was at the counter, so those are not in the video.
Tinder Box
118 East Winchester
Murray, Utah 84107
801-268-1321
[email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope someone knows where to get blades close to Sheraton City Center. I left mine at home and want to get some decent blades. I am at W 500the S &I S 200 W. Unfortunately I will not have a car. Is there anyplace close? I am not familiar w Salt Lake at all.

Hope someone knows where to get blades close to Sheraton City Center. I left mine at home and want to get some decent blades. I am at W 500the S &I S 200 W. Unfortunately I will not have a car. Is there anyplace close? I am not familiar w Salt Lake at all.

They just opened a Harmons grocery store downtown. The Harmons by my house carries DE blades. The downtown location is located at 135 East 100 South.​

Looks like this thread is pretty dead, but I'd like to provide an update:

I went to The Tinder Box today to purchase a new soap puck. I got my usual C. Conk's ($3.99), but also picked up a puck of J Hanks (8.99) to try out. It is made locally in SLC by the co-owner's brother-in-law. I spoke with him a bit and learned that they plan to expand their shaving supplies in the near future. Currently, while their selection is relatively small, it's still probably the best in the SLC area. I do not count The Art of Shaving in this equation as they insultingly overpriced.

Another place to try is Ray's Barbershop (http://raysbarbershopslc.com/). This place (either location) has become my favorite for a hair cut and they also carry a handful of wet shaving supplies with plans to expand their selection.

Walgreens is my go-to for pre-shave and post-shave stuff. The items differ by location, but they seem to have all Nivea Men's products on sale quite often. (The one on 4100 S. Redwood had BOGO on all Nivea Men products a couple of weeks ago. I loaded up on the sensitive balm.)

I have also been able to find some Pinaud products there, as well as Aqua Velva and other "classic" scents.

Their shaving supply section, however, leaves a lot to be desired. A couple of shaving soaps and aerosol cans pretty much cover it.

Family Dollar is a great place to get Noxzema. (I have recently found the greatness of using Noxzema as a pre-shave.) They also have a whole line of aftershave and cologne. (Both real and knock-offs.)

Top Bottom