What's new

Old School?

For you veterans to wet shaving what are some Old school creams and soaps that everyone should try?

If this thread already exists I apologize in advance.

-Barbash

But the OP asked about "Old School soaps and creams that everyone SHOULD try. That takes Williams out of the running no matter how old it is!!:laugh:

Haha!

What got me thinking about this was I picked up some Tabac and Musgo(for May) and love the scent/performance of both and was thinking it would be fun to try some of the old creams/soaps that have with stood the test of time.

Haha!

What got me thinking about this was I picked up some Tabac and Musgo(for May) and love the scent/performance of both and was thinking it would be fun to try some of the old creams/soaps that have with stood the test of time.

I don't blame you. Maybe the three T's. Trumpers, TOBS, and Truefitt. I don't use soap so I won't make any real comments other than to poke fun at all the Williams lovers.

Williams, seriously. You may not like it, although many of us do, but if you don't then you'll be able to participate in the other side of the never-ending Williams debate.

And I do mean never-ending.:glare:

If you want old school, then try some Williams for sure. Give it a chance, because it is finicky. It works well for some people right off the bat, others have to struggle to get it to lather.

If you really have a lot of problems with lathering Williams, mix in some Kiss My Face cream to turbo-charge it. That should whip up pretty easily. Use the KMF unscented if you want to maintain the classic Williams aroma, or try the KMF Lavender+Shea to give it some extra moisturization.

Another old school classic you should take for a whirl is Barbasol. Sure, its still goop in an aerosol can, but its the best of the best goop out there. It hasn't been around this long in its original form if it wasn't a good product.

technically, isn't it all old school?

Take Mama Bear. Yes she's newer than Williams but her methods and igredients are pretty old school.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Proraso, as pointed out by many others, surely belongs to the so called "old school", which means tradition, professional quality and trusted performance.
In addition to the Italian Proraso I want to mention Musgo Real, an excellent, classical Portuguese shaving cream.
Musgo Real, also known as "Creme Para Barbear”, has been around since the 1920s and has always been very popular with old-school wetshavers.
Both Proraso and Musgo are two of the most traditional brands on the market and a milestone in the art of wetshaving.

Proraso, as pointed out by many others, surely belongs to the so called "old school", which means tradition, professional quality and trusted performance.
In addition to the Italian Proraso I want to mention Musgo Real, an excellent, classical Portuguese shaving cream.
Musgo Real, also known as "Creme Para Barbear”, has been around since the 1920s and has always been very popular with old-school wetshavers.
Both Proraso and Musgo are two of the most traditional brands on the market and a milestone in the art of wetshaving.

Actually Musgo was one of the reasons why I wanted to seek out some of the other traditional creams/soaps. I picked up both the cream and the aftershave splash and really enjoyed everything about it and for a bonus my fiancé really liked the smell.

Looks Like I am going to have to break down and pick some Proraso up. Do yall recommend the green cased soap or the actual cream?

Top Bottom