What's new

Jeremiah Weed

Anyone out there drink Jeremiah Weed? It is the unofficial drink of the American Fighter Pilot. It was introduced to me by the band "Dos Gringos" when they immortalized the drink in a song, titled Jeremiah Weed.

It is not terribly smooth, but it is not harsh either. It has a nice sweet taste and is even better cold. Plus it is very cheap.

They also make a Jeremiah Weed Sweet Tea, which is pretty good.

proxy.php

Never had it. Heard the ads on the radio for the sweet tea though. May pick up a bottle at the liquor store next time if its relatively cheap.:001_smile

I just found this thread & forum by searching images of the Jeremiah weed bottles on Google. You've got a pic of what I'm seeking; the pure bourbon. I find it smooth, bold & sweet. The bourbon liqueur comes in a round bottle and they both precede the sweet teas & other flavors offered. While the liquor's great for sipping, I really like the pure for a throw-back or mixer. Therein lies my problem; I'm told it's no longer produced and I want to get my hands on a few bottles for special family occasions. This is the drink of choice of the elders in all our family reunions. Anybody have a clue where a guy could find the pure bourbon?

Thank You & Cheers

I've had more of that stuff than I really ever cared to :).

KJ, have you ever read the story of Jeremiah Weed? It does have a bit of history - http://www.check-six.com/lib/Drinks/JeremiahWeed.htm

That link above is just the Jeremiah Weed story. The story was originally published as part of a book called Sierra Hotel written by Dick Anderegg who I think is still in charge of the Air Force History Office. The book is a good story about the Air Force during and after Vietnam. You can download the PDF for free - http://www.afhso.af.mil/shared/media/document/AFD-100929-043.pdf

And, just realized this is a 5 year old post but oh well.

Last edited:
Never heard of it. I see that it is a blended bourbon whiskey and several gents have stated that it is a bit sweet. Is it anything like Southern Comfort? I've never tried that either but know of it by reputation!

Funny, I'm drinking The Weed right now, and then I notice this thread got bumped, lol.

You've got a pic of what I'm seeking; the pure bourbon. I find it smooth, bold & sweet. The bourbon liqueur comes in a round bottle...

Sorry, this is the bottle I have, and the only bottle I've ever seen. When I originally posted, I grabbed a stock photo. I never realized there was a difference.
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448842792.705868.jpg

KJ, have you ever read the story of Jeremiah Weed?
Of course I have! At my last squadron, we had our newbie members act out the birth of the legend at our last naming ceremony. Fun times!

Is it anything like Southern Comfort?
Uhh... Sort of? I can never drink SoCo ever again... Had one of THOSE nights.

I want to buy some.

What is the exact price per 750 ml? That is one fifth.

Cost me about $12-$13 at the local grocery store. I've seen it for as much as $15-$16.

Funny, I'm drinking The Weed right now, and then I notice this thread got bumped, lol.

Sorry, this is the bottle I have, and the only bottle I've ever seen. When I originally posted, I grabbed a stock photo. I never realized there was a difference.
View attachment 618919

Uhh... Sort of? I can never drink SoCo ever again... Had one of THOSE nights.
Uh oh!!

Best Necro Post Ever. It may have taken 5 years (and I see we're still on the same bottle), but this thread is an interesting read and I feel like it has an ending now.

:thumbup:

Never had the bourbon but the sweet tea mixed with lemon aid (John Daily) was excellent in the summer. Sadly it's not available in my area any more.

Top Bottom