What's new

homemade or cheep auto strop strop

hi all just good model c pre valet autostrop razour i am haveing a hard time fining a strop to used with this razour ther is someone in the uk making them but 30 dollers (usa)plus shiping is a bit too much for me to spend i am thinking of using a seat belt or thin leater pice to make my own how thick was the real autostrop strop ?

you need the leather to replace the autostrop leather? There is/ was a vendor that sold this. But....of course, I cannot recall who it is. Sorry, I am not a bit of help.

Easiest thing to do, is to take the razor to a place that sells leather, or otherwise has leather scraps (a tannery, perhaps a shoe repair shop), and see what thickness of leather fits best between the stop rollers in the head. I would imagine the strop should fit snug, but still be able to freely move.

I had a nearly NOS Valet that I sold, and it's strop was quite thin. Probably about 1/3 the thickness of a regular strop.

so michiganlover do you think a seat belt would work ? there no places like that around me . would any kind of leater work ? maby a chamous for car ploshing or canvus

I have an extra strop, it probably needs a good cleaning / dressing.
PM if interested, I'm thinking of trying out an Auto Strop razor myself, maybe we can compare notes.

sent me his spare strop and some n/os valet blades a true blue b&ber will post how it shaves would like to chat with any one esle how has made this thing work

Top Bottom