What's new

Bad morning

That would be me I'm referring to. Was having a bad morning running late for work. This should have been my first clue to take out a DE, but no, I took out the Feather Japanese Straight. Bad idea if you are in a rush. I sliced into my lower lip, near the corner of my mouth, it bled for at least 20 minutes. Not only did styptic not help, it just gave me a horrible taste of styptic and blood in my mouth. Still having to look presentable for work, I soldiered on, only to cut into my face below the jaw line (this time styptic worked). Don't get me wrong I love these Feather Straights, but from now on, if my morning is not perfectly on schedule, I'll be using a DE.

Wow, I feel for you. Sounds like a painful experience.

I would have to agree, if your mind is not fully committed to the task at hand bad results can occur. :mad3:

My sincere apologies for laughing just a little... but I can relate!

Having suffered similar incidents, I now reach for my most familiar razor if I'm in a big hurry. "Most familiar" used to be my FatBoy. Now it's my Joseph Elliot straight.

I have a Feather. It's a great razor and shaves wonderfully. But I haven't used it enough that it's second nature to shave with. So I don't use it when I'm in a rush!

More and more, I'm shaving with just ONE razor. It really helps to feel comfy with one.

Mike

Sorry to hear! I am actually on a few day hiatus so I can let my face heal. Nothing in this world worse than a bad shave. Bad way to start the day. Hope it only gets better!

Ouch! Hope the rest of the day goes better! I am in too much of a hurry in the morning even though I get up early... that is why I shave before going to bed. Nice and relaxing too!

Oooh, I am sorry to hear that. I have had a few similar experiences myself.
One was a wife with the hairdryer, very bad.
Anyhow, I keep one of my Feather's loaded with the Pro-Guard blades just for those early morning excursions.
I hope you heal up and feel better soon.
Mike

Ah... battle scars! They're great conversation starters that offer the opportunity to spread the word about straights. Although not a great selling point.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
There's a barber around here that always says: There's no such thing as a quick shave mate!

Ah... battle scars! They're great conversation starters that offer the opportunity to spread the word about straights. Although not a great selling point.

I wouldn't say conversation--it is more like ridicule from the women who work in in my office, "why are you doing this to your face," "my husband uses a Fusion or Sensor." At least the guys don't even notice.

Top Bottom