What's new

Oh the Irony of it, who 'Gleaned' it

Thought I was home and hosed on this one, no bids and no interest, I had even worked out with the seller to only post the razor and he could keep the rest......and with 3 Seconds to go, really :c17: about that one.

Johnmrson, did we bump bids again, I have a feeling?

Looked in super unused condition and never seen one like it, maybe there aren't many around?

It's scientifically constructed and everything! Stand back....I'm going to try some Science, well not now.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230467130978

Last edited:
My god that looks amazing, why didn't you put an original higher bid in?? Or was that as much as you were prepared to pay? I think I'd have paid at least double that, let's face it these don't come round very often, and you would have had no trouble re-selling it! Am I making you feel better or worse?

I almost gave into my TSAD and bid for the set, but I wasn't that impressed by the rest of the stuff's condition... oh and I've already bought four travel sets in the last month.

Nice piece of kit ................. but you've gotta have the winning bid to get it. If I want something bad then I normally put in a big bid and then let it go and see what happens.

Sorry you never got this one, it's a beauty. And nope, it wasn't me who outbid you either.

Better luck next time but i'm guessing these are pretty rare?

Sheffield's finest......first Def Leppard, now The Gleaner. :laugh: Would love to own one of these just for the sake of owning it. This Yank loves European stuff.

I've lost many o' auctions in the closing seconds due to the ol' snipe. Want it really bad? Put in a astronomical bid but make sure you got the $$ to cover it. :biggrin1:

My god that looks amazing, why didn't you put an original higher bid in?? Or was that as much as you were prepared to pay? I think I'd have paid at least double that, let's face it these don't come round very often, and you would have had no trouble re-selling it! Am I making you feel better or worse?

WORSE! :tongue_sm
I don't know why I didn't bid higher, stupid I guess :001_huh:

Didn't think it was going to go for much as there was no bid until I put one in and that was pretty late in the piece. Oh well it's my fault really, my bidding strategy is all wrong as I don't really put in big bids I bid incrementally and wait to try and keep the price as low as possible, thats my theory, probably doesn't work.
I don't mind that somebody else got it, I get more annoyed at myself for wanting them and not being prepared to pay too much.

Well we've all done it. Feels bad, but not as bad as the feeling you get, when you win something, and when it lands, you've forgotten whatever was on your mind to bid on it in the first place.

WORSE! :tongue_sm
I don't know why I didn't bid higher, stupid I guess :001_huh:

Didn't think it was going to go for much as there was no bid until I put one in and that was pretty late in the piece. Oh well it's my fault really, my bidding strategy is all wrong as I don't really put in big bids I bid incrementally and wait to try and keep the price as low as possible, thats my theory, probably doesn't work.
I don't mind that somebody else got it, I get more annoyed at myself for wanting them and not being prepared to pay too much.

If you put your max bid in right away, eBay will do the incremental bidding for you.

You want to know what's worse? OK, here's what's worse: I was bidding on a nice four-piece brass set -- bowl, mirror, etc. -- and FELL ASLEEP an hour before bidding ended. Naturally, I lost it. Still kicking myself.

Top Bottom