What's new

So...Whats for breakfast?

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Face it- how bad can anything covered with maple syrup and powdered suger be?

Sometimes I make zeppole for breakfast on a lazy Sunday morning. Here is one hot out of the fryer drenched in sugar.

That's a fine stack there Jimmy me boy. Now all you need to add to that cholesterol bomb is a side of your smoked sausage eggs and your there...:thumbup1:

One of my favorite versions of French toast is from Junior's in downtown Brooklyn. Their very low tech but effective secret is dredging the battered bread in crushed corn flakes, of all things. Served with a basket of mini pastries (and followed, or course, by an obligatory slice of cheesecake), it's one of my favorite breakfasts.

Did you just say cheesecake for breakfast? I didn't know that was legal.

Makes sense. :D

I like using Texas Toast. I make mine simple, some eggs, milk (or soy milk), vanilla and cinnamon.

Maple syrup and butter afterwards...simple yet perfect.

These all look soooo goood.

Try this one:

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups whole milk
4 large eggs
1 tablespoon light brown sugar
1 teaspoon lightly packed orange zest
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
8 (1-inch thick) slices sweet batard or brioche
3 or 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/2 stick)

Directions
In a large bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, sugar, orange zest, vanilla, cardamom, and salt until eggs are broken up and evenly combined. Soak 3 bread slices in egg mixture turning once, until soaked through, about 4 minutes total.

Meanwhile, melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. When butter foams, place 3 pieces soaked bread in the pan and cook until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining bread.

More found here: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ask-aida/cardamom-orange-french-toast-recipe/index.html

Badger approved!​
full

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom