What's new

Shaving with a sunburn

I did something stupid at the beach over the weekend and altho my legs, chest, back, and arms got a nice tan my face go burned. bad.

I skipped today as the thought of touching my face (much last putting anything hot on it then rubbing it with various things) was out of the question. But I'm meeting one of my heros tomorrow and would quite like to look the part.

so help me out gents, how do I shave with a bad sun burn.

Hmm... aloe vera maybe? I've heard of users splashing witch hazel between passes for maximum smoothness. Thayer's Witch Hazel astringent HAS aloe vera... aloe vera is best for sunburns... perhaps shave with WH? Splash a good amount on each time before you lather, leaving it on. Shave gently, and only do 2 passes. Apply WH and a non-alcoholic aftershave when you finish.

Let me know.

I'd say give the aloe vera a shot as well as just doing the neck area. I'm sure with the styles today a little "rough" look won't be looked down on.

If someone should take exception just point out the bad sunburn on your face, that should settle that person. :thumbup1:

You can use an anesthetic such as "Solarcain" to help with the pain but I agree that a few days off would be in the best interest of your face.

Dude, apply a nice cool sunburn remedy with aloe liberally, and don't shave if it's not absolutely necessary.

You might want to start using a moisturizer with spf after you shave, then you'll always be protected.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
As a red head that burns easily, I have this to offer.

If there is no blistering it should be OK to do a single WTG pass shave. Prep with less than warm water, apply lather that has cooled and shave gently with the grain.

One thing I have learned about my face is that it rebounds much faster from sunburn than the rest of my body.

Top Bottom