What's new

Vote for your favourite blade

What is your one single favourite blade?

• Feather

• Derby

• Personna Red Pack Israeli

• Iridium

• Crystal

• Astra

• Lord

• Gillette 7 O'Clock

• Shark

• Nacet

• Merkur

• Other (Please specify)

Results are only viewable after voting.
I love classic Iridium blades. Feathers are OK, but they cause leaks where other smooth blades never get out of hand. Derby isn't awful, but isn't exactly fine either. Sharks need to stay in the ocean, as they bite without provocation. Most Gillette brands from Russia work amazingly well, but Astra SP is my stockpile blade. Cheap, always kind to my face, and I can count on a smile after a shave, even though I might enjoy a far more expensive blade in my razor a bit more if it were there... God bless the St Pete razor plant. They convert steel into many brands, and we all win!

Timor: ice-tempered in Solingen. Not quite as sharp as Feather and Merkur, both of which I love, but very smooth and work well in my CCs & OCs! I don't cut myself with any of these blades, I don't understand all the fuss.

Feathers use to be my favorite but then they started to irritate my skin. So I switched to Astra's which I find very sharp but much smoother than Feathers.

It was a tough call for me. It came down to Derby and Shark. In some razors I like Derby best. In others, I like Shark best. I voted Derby since I own more of them than any other, and use them most.

As a newb, Lord Super Platinum is my go to blade right now. I'll have to check back after a year and see if things change. To me Lord is super smooth, sharp enough, no irritation and very easy on the face(nicks, cuts and burning).

Last edited:
Astra SP is my blade of choice. It works well and for $9ish per 100 with free shipping from Amazon, it's hard to beat.

Other than that, anything Russian, Feathers, and Wilkinson Swords from Walmart.

Top Bottom