What's new

Vote for your favourite blade

What is your one single favourite blade?

• Feather

• Derby

• Personna Red Pack Israeli

• Iridium

• Crystal

• Astra

• Lord

• Gillette 7 O'Clock

• Shark

• Nacet

• Merkur

• Other (Please specify)

Results are only viewable after voting.
I will say one of my biggest surprises from the results so far is where the Derby stands. It's my personal favourite and thought there would be more. Feathers are where I expected them to be though.

Can't stand derbys personally. It is like shaving with a broken piece of glass.

Feathers and Iridiums is where it's at :)

I voted Lord (and meaning their Super Stainless!) but could have gone for both Merkur and other (Souplex and Schick Platinum).

With only 12 possible options you better made 5 or 6 threads.....:001_smile

My favorites are the Feathers, followed closely by Iridiums. Good enough to buy 100 of each! I also like the Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellows and Red IPs quite a bit.

My favourite is the Gillette Bleue Extra that I purchased, with the Stockholm address on the back of the package. Probably NOS blades made about 10 years ago. To me, this blade has it has the best combination of price, smoothness and sharpness. This is followed closely by Super Iridiums and Blue Birds.

Last edited:
Iridiums for me. I can trust those blades. They will give a great, smooth, close shave.
Only the Feather is better IF the blade is new, and I have plenty of time!

Tied for first: Gillette platinum plus (NOS) and Schick plus platinum
Tied for second: Gillette spoiler and English Wilkinson
Third: Gillette Swedes
Distant fourth: Iridium and Gillette 7 o'clock yellows

Astra SP are my go to razor. in second place would be Crystals. Both good reliable '4 shavers' and that's good enough for me!

Astra SP & Feather are my 2 blades, I alternate between the two. If I had to pick just one it would be the Astra, but Feather gives me the closest shave, which is why it will always be in my rotation.

It was a tough call for me. It came down to Derby and Shark. In some razors I like Derby best. In others, I like Shark best. I voted Derby since I own more of them than any other, and use them most.

My three go to blades are Feather, Astra-SP, and Derby.

It was a tough call, but I voted for Feather. I chose that one because it is mated to my 39C, which gives me a BBS shave more often than any of the others in my rotation. I pull out this tool when I have a 3+ days of whiskers to harvest. Lately that's been the case most of the time.

I also mate Derby to my 34G when I need a gentle, 1-day shave, and the Astra-SP is a universal blade that goes well in every razor I've tried. I use that when I have a 2-day stubble.

So Far Iridiums are my favorite, but everything I've tried worked pretty well, including the Merkurs. I haven't tried Feathers yet, but they are in my assortment.

I think Sharks might be my least favorite at the moment.

Great idea for a poll, I feel nothing says YMMV like a blade. What is smooth and perfect to one face will tear the heck out of another. For me Astras are top followed by Red IPs and Feathers.

Top Bottom