What's new

Ultrasonic cleaning tank for cleaning razors

There are some review of it on Amazon.com. I guess the reviews are split. One of them DID say it was not for use on chrome (don't know why not) so I guess Merkurs are out.

It seems interesting enough. If I still lived near a store I go buy one just to try it out. Let us know if you get it.

Yea, whatever you do don't do what I did. I soaked my mercur Vision in some chlorox bleach for about 20 minutes. It ain't pretty. But its clean

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
So many of us have ruined razors trying to clean them, you just have to take the time and read some of the excellent threads ( I think there is a sticky) on how to do it the right way as well as what not to do.

Did I ever tell you the time I mixed 9 parts water, 1 part bleach and put a '61 Fatboy and a '76 Gillette SS in the boiling mix? :eek: The SS "was" [emphasis added] a black handled model. Or was it 9 parts bleach and 1 part water.:wink: In other words; read the sticky

I use one as more of a "final step" of the cleaning process, or for maintaining razors as I use them. The best cleaning solution is plain cold water with a couple of drops of dish detergent in it. It does help get the crap out of the handle on a TTO. Other solutions are not recommended.

Be sure that what ever you order has a tank size of at least one cup capacity and dimensions large enough to fully submerge the razor.

Top Bottom