What's new

DE Razor ID confirmation...

Hey all,

Now, thanks you all, I am getting more savvy with my razors - I think I have identified this one, but wanted to double check.

Ok, my Uncle found this flip-top adjustable razor in his house and sent some (BLURRY) pics of it. I am pretty sure it's a Gillette Super Adjustable - not sure of the year until I get more info, or see it in person.

Also, what differentiates a 'super' version and a non 'super' version?

The pics are attached...The third, CLEAR pic is one I found on the net that I compared it too, and it not the actual razor....

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Gillette Super Adjustable. Differentiated from the Slim by the black plastic handle, among other things. Great razors.

There really isn't a non-"super" version, it was just the name Gillette gave to it.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
+1
Super Adjustable.

There was no "non" Super Adjustable, it was just the name.

Like a Super Speed Razor - there was no "non" Super Speed.

Ok, there is a non-Super speed razor, but it is made by Parker :lol:

Ok...

Thanks! So the SLIM one, would be the all silver handle HERE?

I personally have a 1959 adjustable Fat Boy HERE . The only advantage of the slim that I could see over the fatboy is the longer handle for my giant hands.... i'll have to borrow it - hah.

Thanks,

Matt!

Yep, that's a Super Adjustable and appears to be the short-handle version. The third photo shows the long-handle version. Without the date code, can't determine the exact manufactured date, but since it has a metal base plate, it would be the next to last generation of the razor - the last gen had a black plastic base plate.

All the Super Adjustables had black handles. Before this model, Gillette produced several metal-handle models: Slim, Fatboy and their variants (Adjustable Aristocrat, Executive, Toggle).

Enjoy! They are fine shavers.

Top Bottom