What's new

Baxter Razor

Has anyone seen or heard of a Baxter of California DE Razor? It says the razor is made in Germany. It comes in a box with a Derby 5 pack.

It's a Mühle R89 with Baxter's name on it and a bigger price tag. I prefer the Mühle myself: it has an umlaut, while Baxter merely has an x.

It's a Mühle R89 with Baxter's name on it and a bigger price tag. I prefer the Mühle myself: it has an umlaut, while Baxter merely has an x.
What he said. If you want that razor just get the Muhle version for ~$20 less, or about $30 less for the EJ version (with a different handle).

Everywhere I look, the Muhle appears to be a little over $60, typically with only one blade, so the $60 price tag looks reasonable to me. However, I wonder if I would get the same level of customer service as Muhle provides.

Everywhere I look, the Muhle appears to be a little over $60, typically with only one blade, so the $60 price tag looks reasonable to me. However, I wonder if I would get the same level of customer service as Muhle provides.
This is an old thread; Muhle has since raised their prices and the new price is the same as the Baxter. Sort of understandable considering what a small outfit Muhle is. Edwin Jagger uses the same head so if you want to pay less, do that route (it's $34), but they have different handles.

Top Bottom