What's new

2010 FIFA World Cup

The World Cup is just over a month away (the first games start June 11). Who will you be cheering for? Are any of you going? Do you Americans even care? :001_tt2:

I will be cheering for Germany and the USA. If my calculations are correct, if the USA places second in their group and Germany wins its group, the USA would play Germany during the first game of the second round. Of course, I would have to cheer for Germany, my land of birth, then.

proxy.php

On the Aussies!!!! Will be watching group D very closely...

Matthew don't worry it will be Australia playing the US anyway :001_tt2:

And will also be cheering for Spain

I will be watching and just enjoying, not really rooting. When I think of football, America doesn't come to mind unless it's our version. Maybe it's bad that I don't pay attention to MLS:001_rolle but instead enjoy Barclay's and Serie A.

I will be watching and just enjoying, not really rooting. When I think of football, America doesn't come to mind unless it's our version. Maybe it's bad that I don't pay attention to MLS:001_rolle but instead enjoy Barclay's and Serie A.

I do not blame you. MLS is pretty boring.

Has anyone completed a bracket? I have Spain winning the World Cup in mine.

As an American who has supported England for the past 12 years, I'm hoping this is the year the quarterfinals don't prove a stumbling block.

If Rooney stays healthy and Jermain Defoe goes to South Africa in striking form, I can see a semifinal berth.

I do not blame you. MLS is pretty boring.

Has anyone completed a bracket? I have Spain winning the World Cup in mine.
I gave MLS a chance about 10 years ago. Then again last year. I got tired of watching people make runs, only to mis-hit and lose the ball in the final third.

I gave MLS a chance about 10 years ago. Then again last year. I got tired of watching people make runs, only to mis-hit and lose the ball in the final third.

haha. It will be interesting to see if some of the US players are fit enough to make the team after injuries for the world cup.

GO PORTUGAL!
proxy.php

My group is one of the toughest: Brazil, Ivory Coast and N. Korea... Oh boy... We'll be fighting for the second place.

I'm pulling for the USA and Italy. But to me the World Cup is a long way of with FC Internazionale Milano in the Champions League finals. When that's over then I'll be ready for the World Cup.

The 2010 FIFA World Cup will be the 19th FIFA World Cup, the premier international football tournament.The World Cup is a long way of with FC Internazionale Milano in the Champions League finals.Mexico and France are two very popular teams.

I do have a soft spot for Brazil.
But I'll do as I usually do, watch every game :blushing:

I'm a nut for World Cup soccer.
I've planned my summer holidays around it (as usual)

Can't wait. One of the cool things about living in a place like New York is that whatever match is on, there's a bar full of 'local' expatriate supporters somewhere in town. I still remember watching Portugal flame out in a bar full of Portugese expats in 2006. The passion was on a totally different level.

I have a soft spot for the Asian teams because in another life, I spent a few aggregate months filming the Chinese national team's attempt to qualify. Americans don't really appreciate what a huge deal just qualifying for the finals is for most countries. Of course, you've still got to go USA when they're on. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Top Bottom