What's new

New Feather All Stainless Safety Razor

Never said it was poor quality. Just that it's cheap, as in very inexpensive.
I'm a fan of Rugers, but not of their current prices. As soon as the old man kicked the bucket, the prices went through the roof. But that's neither here nor there.

Just remember, keep the Feather all stainless steel razor away from all chlorine compounds- bleach, salt, etc. It will cause it to rust/corrode. The last thing you want for your nice $160.00 razor is pits.

And send me one for free to try out.:biggrin1:

S

siouxsie

I'm a fan of Rugers, but not of their current prices. As soon as the old man kicked the bucket, the prices went through the roof. But that's neither here nor there.

Just remember, keep the Feather all stainless steel razor away from all chlorine compounds- bleach, salt, etc. It will cause it to rust/corrode. The last thing you want for your nice $160.00 razor is pits.

And send me one for free to try out.:biggrin1:

I know you are joking but you never know. Someone might agree to a loan swap with you.

Sorry, it's that darn word 'cheap'. Doesn't always come across as inexpensive in my head. I'm still sad about the 30-06. Bought it in 1974-ish. Had to sell it to a gunsmith during a slow time. he asked me if I really wanted to...

:crying:

-jim

Very nice review!

One quick comment regarding "Ease of Blade Replacement: Only a TTO is easier. No surprises." - a 2-piece design such as an HD is also easier. A 3-piece design requires extra care. Personally I don't mind, I just care about the shave quality.

Good point, Tim! I hadn't even considered two-piece razors. And I guess since so many of us are accustomed to three-piece razors, it's hardly an issue.

Not sure I agree with this (or even disagree!). I just got a #88 and I find it a bit more difficult to operate then a 3 piece. I'm really talking about something very minimal here. But for the 2 piece, I need pinch the cap, blade and base together while I push up on the knob to engage the head threads. With a 3 piece I have to pinch the cap, blade and base together and screw in the handle. It actually seems easier to put together the 3 piece.

But like I said, it seems a very minimal difference and probably just an operator issue.

-jim

Not sure I agree with this (or even disagree!). I just got a #88 and I find it a bit more difficult to operate then a 3 piece. I'm really talking about something very minimal here. But for the 2 piece, I need pinch the cap, blade and base together while I push up on the knob to engage the head threads. With a 3 piece I have to pinch the cap, blade and base together and screw in the handle. It actually seems easier to put together the 3 piece.

But like I said, it seems a very minimal difference and probably just an operator issue.

-jim

Jim, try "assembling" the razor and blade upside down on a towel. Once the interior shaft engages (or handle for a 3-piece), wrap the towel around the head and tighten everything. Works for two or three piece razors. :biggrin1:

Last edited:
I do that upside down in my palm, no towel. After the handle made some progress on the screw, I flip it and make sure the blade is aligned OK, etc. Haven't cut myself yet. Of course, I just jinxed it now and my next blade change will be a bloodbath.

I do that upside down in my palm, no towel. After the handle made some progress on the screw, I flip it and make sure the blade is aligned OK, etc. Haven't cut myself yet. Of course, I just jinxed it now and my next blade change will be a bloodbath.

Tim, why do you think I use a towel? :lol:

Sorry, it's that darn word 'cheap'. Doesn't always come across as inexpensive in my head. I'm still sad about the 30-06. Bought it in 1974-ish. Had to sell it to a gunsmith during a slow time. he asked me if I really wanted to...

:crying:

-jim

I know what you mean. I've been there. I had to sell a sweet Ruger Speed Six .357 to put a clutch in my car when I was in tech school and I've been kicking myself for nearly 20 years since. The previous owner had had a trigger job done one it and the only trigger I've ever felt that was better was on the Colt Python. My GP100 is nice, but it just doesn't have the trigger that Speed Six had.

Funny thing, ha ha, the only razor blade I've cut myself with, so far, is an Injector blade.
Them things is, like, razor sharp.
Here's my sign.

H

hathela

a quick question

does this razor come with a stand ??

i saw somewhere in the picture a small metalic stand that holds the razor upright.

does that particular stand come with the wooden box?

please advice

a quick question

does this razor come with a stand ??

i saw somewhere in the picture a small metalic stand that holds the razor upright.

does that particular stand come with the wooden box?

please advice

I thought I saw it mentioned that the stand comes with the Japanese Packaged razor.

I thought I saw it mentioned that the stand comes with the Japanese Packaged razor.

Correct. I assume the set sold here is for the US market and does not include the stand. Packaging is different as well. Post #21 shows the Japanese market set.

H

hathela

Correct. I assume the set sold here is for the US market and does not include the stand. Packaging is different as well. Post #21 shows the Japanese market set.

the stand looked kind of cute.

i just got my razor from classicshaving.com and didnt find the stand in. the box

just the razor and 5 feather blades.

unsure why would the US version come without the stand even after paying $159.

the razor looks beautiful, but little lighter in weight as compared to my merkur 38c barber pole.

merkur barber pole is the only i own so using that as a mode for comparison.

would put the feather to test today and post my experience :biggrin1:shortly...

the razor stand..... will be missed

Top Bottom