What's new

I should have stopped when I was behind

Wow, did I hack myself up this morning.
I have a gillette adjustable (not sure the model long balck handle TTO) that I normally use with personna reds. I get great shaves with this combo with every soap and cream I have tried with it. I had a couple extra feathers and thought why not? Well I should have stopped after the first pass (wtg), when I had a weeper, but silly me thought it was not too bad. Contining to the second pass xtg feeling like hmm....this is gonna burn. Go to the third and final (ATG) now I know this is gonna burn. My neck is red and bumpy and I had about a half dozen weepers all told. I have never had that happen before even on my first DE shave and using the old cartridge. The only substantive differnce between this morning and any other is the blade-maybe I should have dialed it down to a 3 instead of the typical 5.
I should not have messed with a winning combination. I don't know if I will be able to shave tommorrow morning.

On the plus side though, I found myself a winning aftershave/cologne combo yesterday--Ogallala Bay rum and Sandalwood AS with Mama Bear Masculin Musk cologne (just got the mamabear saturday). The musk is a little strong going on but settles down after about a 1/2 hour and combines well with the little spice and stronger tone of vanilla on the ogallala (to me the ogallala is more bay rum and vanilla than sandalwood).

It might have been a painful lesson............... but you can chalk it all up to experience. Better luck tomorrow (or the day after)!

Give the feather blades another shot in the near future in a different combination. All of this will only add to your experience. Sometimes you'll do something you'll regret, but sometimes you stumble onto a new personal favorite.

I have not rulled out the feather blades for other combinations, just certainly not that one. They did ok in my merkur. I have a fat boy i need to try out soon.

Give the feather blades another shot in the near future in a different combination. All of this will only add to your experience.

+1. Don't swear off of Feathers just based on one bad shave. They're particular about good technique, that's all.

And for the love of a comfortable face, next time you think it's gonna burn STOP SHAVING!!!! :biggrin1:

Top Bottom