What's new

My first ever razor find!

After using de razors for a while now i actually bought my first razor in a antique shop today:biggrin1: i have never seen one before but there it was a mint cased british tech with un opened pack of blades in a shiny case for £5 which is now in my house, i also ended up buying a kropp straight razor which is in ok condition in a box for £5, this may not be headline news but its a first for me:biggrin1:

After using de razors for a while now i actually bought my first razor in a antique shop today:biggrin1: i have never seen one before but there it was a mint cased british tech with un opened pack of blades in a shiny case for £5 which is now in my house, i also ended up buying a kropp straight razor which is in ok condition in a box for £5, this may not be headline news but its a first for me:biggrin1:

And so it begins...

You'll hopefully hit the stage I'm at now, where I must put my foot down to avoid drowning in Super Speeds and Techs, and instead focus on boxed/rare razors and shaving accessories, like Old Spice mugs, DE blade stroppers, etc... I have more than enough shaving razors, and will soon need to sell some of the ones I have in order to have a displayable collection.

Right on man! Unlike others, I see so little shaving gear in the vintage shops that I will buy almost anything I find. If I ever saw something nice like what you found, I would probably drop dead from a heart attack.

-jim

I found a slim in a shop near me, well at least I think its a slim I can see through all the gunk, eew. The guy has $30 on it, I told him he's dreaming and offered him $5 (thought that was being generous), and yep, I don't have that razor.

Thanks gents, its a nice feeling to actually find a razor yourself instead of someone else on the bst doing the hard work:biggrin1: i know where i will be this weekend, more antique shops:thumbup:

Thanks gents, its a nice feeling to actually find a razor yourself instead of someone else on the bst doing the hard work:biggrin1: i know where i will be this weekend, more antique shops:thumbup:

Oh man another one bites the dust...buy some walking shoes! Crazy antique/junk mall rounds can become very long!

Top Bottom