What's new

T&H: 1805 vs Trafalgar

Does anyone have a strong opinion on Truefitt & Hill's 1805 versus Trafalgar?

Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Hello there ,

Well i bought the Trafalgar as my first high end cream - based purely on the scent loved it . I tried the 1805 from the T&H sampler pack ( highly advise you to get it - affordable and lets you try quite a few of their products ) liked it - but at first it was so so , then it grew on me . Prefer the Trafalgar myself !

Cheers,

Scott

very different and your own preferences will determine the result. Both lather great. 1805 seems to have a fruity aroma to me, trafalgar has more wood with clear jasmine. I much prefer the Trafalgar.
Larry

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
The 1805 and Trafalgar are both superb creams.
What really makes the difference between them, is, in my opinion, the scent.
How to describe how they smell seems something hard to do, you should sniff them to really understand and appreciate how good and how different they are.
A sample pack maybe is your best option.
By the way, I like both, since both perform VERY well.
The 1805 fragrance, in particular, is something almost impossible to beat.
But, again, the overall quality of both creams is outstanding: Truefitt & Hill is second to none.

Yes, both creams are excellent performance wise, if not a tad drying. I love the scent of both...it just depends on my mood. Also, SWMBO loves the smell of 1805, and so my choice of cream often is often influenced by the gentle pursuit of a different goal ........

Also, bear in mind that the scent of 1805 will hang around quite a while. I can still detect it at the end of the day Trafalgar tends to disappear within an hour or two.

Jim

In my opinion (and I've tried all the big names) T&H creams are some of the best out there. Vastly superior to Penhaligons creams (again, IMO).

The 1805 really agreed with me at first, but it is so strong you can smell it the next morning using just the cream and balm. The fiance loved it though.

Trafalgar is a little more refined and very masculine, I love the scent. The fiance hated it though.

Such is life.

I just got the smpler pack yesterday and highly recommend that you try it! Just so happens that I tried the Trafalgar this morning. It's a much more robust scent than I usually prefer, but it's so well done even I like it. I'll try the 1805 when I run out of the trafalgar and post my opinion.

well since you didnt specify more - im assuming you are talking about scent?
right now i like the trafalgar scent a bit more. i picked up a sampler of all the TH stuff after I bought their limes and almond items. I think the trafalgar smells clean and not too grandpa. So if you are a younger guy then this may be the one you want to look at.

Why not buy the sample pack and see which one you like best? They come in little satchels with a tear-off tip.

Whenever I opened a new sample, I would ask what my wife thought of it. We both liked 1805 best, so I purchased some. Right now, it is my favorite shave cream.

both are awesome but I think Trafalgar smells a LITTLE spicy towards the end. Unfortunatly, some of the TH creams take 2-3 days to work with irritation with my skin.

Trafalgar is the best cologne scented cream across any manufacturer, IMO.

It's threads like these that part me with more money. Here I was thinking I was happy with just 1805 and Grafton but now... How could I still be happy without this third scent?!

I much, much, much prefer Trafalgar to 1805. 1805 smells like a light ocean breeze, which I'm not quite a fan of. The Trafalgar is very masculine, low toned, rich, complex, and woody while being very refined.

Top Bottom