What's new

St. Charles Neroli Blend AS Milk: First impressions

Since I started wetshaving several months ago, I've used almost exclusively AV Blue Ice - I am prone to irritation and I definitely need that menthol! I did try Nivea sensitive AS balm, and it left me with a lasting stinging sensation. Given this, I didn't have high hopes for the AS Milk, but I was wrong.

Now that you know where I'm coming from...
I've only used this for 3 shaves. One was a pretty mild shave, one was fairly harsh, one was in between.

Fights razor burn:
Took care of the bit of redness I had on the worst of my shaves.

Soothing:
I found this to be pretty soothing - over time, not instantly like the menthol.

Scent:
I like the scent. It is masculine without being overbearing - very natural smelling. I'm not much for describing scents so I'll leave it at that

Efficacy:
This will last a long time. I used just a bit dabbed on two fingers a few times for my whole face.

Moisturizing:
Left my face feeling much more moisturized than alcohol based splashes.

No alcohol burn:
None at all

Summary:
I'm pleasantly surprised that I can use something that isn't an alcohol based splash. The scent is fairly subtle - won't overpower your cologne. I could detect it more than an hour later, but it was pretty faint. It will definitely remain in my rotation. If the other St. Charles Shave AS milks are similar, I'll definitely consider picking some more up.

The other SCS aftershave milks that I have tried are wonderful. I use the Lime milk a lot, and the Savory Rose once in a while.

Thanks for the review.

Top Bottom