What's new

They don`t ship to Canada

Hello B&Bers ,

I was trying to order the 1903 shave cream and after shave balm from J.Peterman online , when they informed me they don`t ship to Canada !:cursing:

So I`m wondering ( a big if here !! :blink:) if someone can help me out .
Perhaps I can order the item and send it to whomever, somewhere in the US and then if they can resend it to me here in Canada . I could do a Paypal ( or some other option ) to pay for the shipping costs to Canada on their part .

Thought I would throw the idea out and see what happens .
Thank you for reading this !

Cheers,

Scott

I have a US po box just across the border from where I live(45min away) that I use for scenarios like this. Where in Canada are you?

I also live very close to the border and I feel your pain regarding shipping.
I can have a package shipped to a border store (on the US side) for a fraction of the cost it takes to ship to Canada. I'm glad there are Canadian stores to buy from, but sometimes you have to shop in the US to get what you want.

Never mind the gong show that is Canada Post (I shouldn't have said that...now my mail will be slower than it already is....if that's even possible)

This is a common problem for me as well as I live in Canada. I utilize a friends US postal address for those item that cannot be purchased in Canada or for those unwilling to ship to the Great White North.

Never mind the gong show that is Canada Post (I shouldn't have said that...now my mail will be slower than it already is....if that's even possible)

I used to work for Canada Post as a contract analyst and it can always get worse. Sometimes much worse. You won't believe the cases I had to investigate in years past.

While I cannot speak for shaving products, just about everything else in Canada is grossly overpriced based on our dollar`s current worth. I feel absolutely no remorse for cross border shopping. I just wish I could do it without paying Duty, which is nothing more than a punishment tax for shopping over the border.

While I cannot speak for shaving products, just about everything else in Canada is grossly overpriced based on our dollar`s current worth. I feel absolutely no remorse for cross border shopping. I just wish I could do it without paying Duty, which is nothing more than a punishment tax for shopping over the border.
I quite agree with your sentiment. While the government does need to collect taxation to support the numerous programs in place (and the large bureaucracy), they system seems unduly punitive as not only are you hit with taxes and duty charges but brokerage fees as well.

I'm an American living in Maryland who buys shaving products from Fendrihan. They are excellent merchants and always give me great service. +1 for them. My maternal grandmother was born in Manitoba, and immigrated to Vermont when she was a child. So I have a lot of interest in but little real knowledge of Canada. It's interesting to read about cross border shopping.

Bob

Does anyone know how ORM-D shipments are handled internationally?

I know flammable liquids (like some aftershaves), have to be marked "ORM-D" and sent via UPS Ground service domestically, but does anyone know the deal when crossing borders?

They won't ship Colognes and the Shaving Cream outside the US, but will ship their shirts, do you fancy a dress shirt instead? my order is lost in their poor ticketing system. I am not impressed at all at their customer service :cursing:.

Hey matey !

i`m in Vancouver . However in Japan for a month now . Have a friend picking up my mail and he has my authorization to get any parcels and sign for them ! some shave packages are coming my way !

cheers,

Scott

I have a US po box just across the border from where I live(45min away) that I use for scenarios like this. Where in Canada are you?

Kendo

Hey Kendo !

i`m in Vancouver . However in Japan for a month now .Just for a laugh I am on the look out for Mandom !So far no luck ! Have a friend picking up my mail and he has my authorization to get any parcels and sign for them ! have some shave packages coming soon !

cheers,

Scott

Sorry lads just noticed i put this reply up twice . My big meaty fingers make using my wife`s iPhone a serious chore . She looks so graceful when she`s on it ! Thanks for all your inputs and advice ! Greatly appreciated !

Thanks again ,

cheers,

Scott

Hello B&Bers ,

I was trying to order the 1903 shave cream and after shave balm from J.Peterman online , when they informed me they don`t ship to Canada !:cursing:

So I`m wondering ( a big if here !! :blink:) if someone can help me out .
Perhaps I can order the item and send it to whomever, somewhere in the US and then if they can resend it to me here in Canada . I could do a Paypal ( or some other option ) to pay for the shipping costs to Canada on their part .

Thought I would throw the idea out and see what happens .
Thank you for reading this !

Cheers,

Scott

I'll do it. PM me if you wish.

I quite agree with your sentiment. While the government does need to collect taxation to support the numerous programs in place (and the large bureaucracy), they system seems unduly punitive as not only are you hit with taxes and duty charges but brokerage fees as well.

You'd shudder at how much I pay in import duties and brokerage fees and GST when I import stock. When it's all added on top of the already high shipping costs I have to deal with .... well.....

Ah well. The thing is, I didn't just import everything over the last couple of weeks. And just because the Canadian dollar is trading high against the USD doesn't mean it's trading just as high against the Euro.

Ah well. The thing is, I didn't just import everything over the last couple of weeks. And just because the Canadian dollar is trading high against the USD doesn't mean it's trading just as high against the Euro.

True. My rant is mainly against the cost of books and magazines. This is not the first time our dollar has been close to par, and yet I still pay $32.99 for a book that is only $24.99 in relation to the dollar.

Beer is also grossly overpriced, but that is to be expected when most provincial governments run the beer and liquor stores. Most people around here make a monthly run to the border for flats(24) of beer cheaper than we currently get a dozen for.

Bottom line is someone is getting rich off of our hard earned dollars, we need to vote with our wallets if we ever expect to see change.

Top Bottom