What's new

A great shaving bowl for € 0.69!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I purchased this beautiful shaving bowl last week, at IKEA.
And yes, I paid it only € 0.69!:thumbup:
I want to point out that it is all made of thick, clear glass and seems very sturdy.
This bowl fits exceptionally well in the hand and offers a good grip.
Also, it is large enough for all my brushes.
In other words it is simply perfect!:thumbup1:
Just to underline that, sometimes, it is possible to find nice shaving items at really low prices!
A couple of pics attached.:001_smile:wink2:

I wouldn't trust cheap steel, since it's probably plated and will get rusted, like a cheap Calvin Klein steel bowl I had. Also, I'm pretty sure glass will retain heat better. Glass or clay is the way to go.

Product description says it's stainless steel.

Product description says it's stainless steel.

Indeed, sorry for omitting this crucial detail. I have become sloppy with these things since I tried out and fell in love with face lathering of creams making any form of scuttle completely redundant. I found the thread interesting nonetheless since everything related to IKEA is always worth a read for a Swede like myself.

Ah. Well still, I stand by my believe that clay or glass will still retain water heat better. And I base this opinion on having no previous scientific research at all.

:lol::lol::lol:

Glass and ceramics do hold their heat better, but you will loose a lot more heat to warm them up.

I would go for one of the larger models; not for lathering (I am a 90% face-latherer) but for rinsing. I use a steel bowl (about 3/4 liter) filled with hot water to rinse my razor in between strokes. Saves a lot of water and, maybe even more important, is much more quiet and therefore more enjoyable....

I am also using a clear glass bowl. Except mine wasn't intended for shaving but works just as well. It is the 2cup/470mL Pyrex Simply Store glass container (see Amazon link below). It measures 4.5 in x 2 in/ 11.4 cm x 5 cm; almost the exact measurements recommended on here for the ideal lathering utensil. It fits into the palm of my hand perfectly; allowing me to grip it firmly and securely when I lather. I am thinking it is probably great to use in combination with soaps that don't come in their own container since it also comes with a lid. I bought mine for USD $2.50 at a local grocery store sold separately. Regards!

Amazon link for this glass container -->
http://www.amazon.com/Pyrex-Storage...ords=pyrex+glass+storage+containers+with+lids

Last edited:
Top Bottom