What's new

Slant Blade Gap

I got my new 37c (West Coast Shaving) in the mail today and I stuck an old blade into it. The gap on the narrow side is .034" and on the wide side about .046". Thats a wide gap.

I put a new Shark in and I'll have my first slant shave later tonight. Wish me luck, although with all I've learned here and practiced (and bought) in the last 9 months, I doubt I'll need it.

Congratulations on purchasing a great razor. Just use it like any other razor and you will get excellent results.

It won't feel any more aggressive than a HD. But my experience is the shave is just smoother, and a bit closer.

Congrats on getting a Slant. You'll get a great shave with it as long as you remember to use no pressure and to make sure the blade is aligned properly, parallel to the head, not the slant bar.

I got my new 37c (West Coast Shaving) in the mail today and I stuck an old blade into it. The gap on the narrow side is .034" and on the wide side about .046". Thats a wide gap.

I put a new Shark in and I'll have my first slant shave later tonight. Wish me luck, although with all I've learned here and practiced (and bought) in the last 9 months, I doubt I'll need it.

Loosen the head and move the blade around to center it, if you haven't already.

- Chris

Just use it like any other razor and you will get excellent results.

This was the best advice for me.

I used normal prep with a new Shark blade and I had a great shave. At first I was overly cautious but then I just shaved as normal got very nice results.

It will take a couple of weeks and blade tests to know for sure but so far the results are promising.

It's not only the variable gap width the max the slant razor "interesting" to shave with, it's also the fact the blade is at different angle throughout it's length. A slant's blade is at its steepest angle (meaning out towards the skin) on the smaller gapped side and decreases as you go along.

Top Bottom