What's new

Tim Tebow Drafted in the 1st Round

Seriously. Tim Tebow was drafted in the 1st Round of the NFL Draft. That made me scratch my head. He got drafted before Jimmy Clausen. Jimmy Clausen is just like his former coach, Charlie Weis. Damn good at his job, but full of himself, or so the media would lead us to believe.

I can't be too taken by this as my hometown Ravens profited from the pick. They gave up their 1st Round pick to Denver for a second, third and a fourth, or something to that effect.

I think Tebow will definitely be better than everyone thinks, but I am not sure he was worth a 1st round pick. I also think he needed to go to a place with a solid incumbent QB and while I like Kyle Orton, Denver was not on my list. Hopefully he can catch on somewhere else or better yet, prove me wrong.

Your thoughts?

The first time he tries to run over a defender and gets a concussion will be the end of Tebow's career as a QB. His running ability scared defenders, so his passing ability was allowed to develop. No-one is scared of his running strength in the NFL, he'll struggle.

It is strange with all of the problems surfacing during the combines.

I'm just glad the boys got Dez Bryant.

Michael

Good for him. You never know what will happen - Tebow could be a great NFL QB. Who knows 'til we see it all shake out in the next few years. Seems pointless to speculate.

Seriously. Tim Tebow was drafted in the 1st Round of the NFL Draft. That made me scratch my head. He got drafted before Jimmy Clausen. Jimmy Clausen is just like his former coach, Charlie Weis. Damn good at his job, but full of himself, or so the media would lead us to believe.

I can't be too taken by this as my hometown Ravens profited from the pick. They gave up their 1st Round pick to Denver for a second, third and a fourth, or something to that effect.

I think Tebow will definitely be better than everyone thinks, but I am not sure he was worth a 1st round pick. I also think he needed to go to a place with a solid incumbent QB and while I like Kyle Orton, Denver was not on my list. Hopefully he can catch on somewhere else or better yet, prove me wrong.

Your thoughts?

The critics said the same things about Roger Staubach's and Steve Young's flaws. If you're going to gamble, he's not as much of a risk as some people make out. McDaniels coached Brady and Cassel and seems confident in Tebow. Even if he doesn't make it as an every down QB, some GM's were considering him for the 3rd round as a Wildcat QB, tight end or even linebacker. I'm not a big Tebow fan, but he has legitimate skills.

The first time he tries to run over a defender and gets a concussion will be the end of Tebow's career as a QB. His running ability scared defenders, so his passing ability was allowed to develop. No-one is scared of his running strength in the NFL, he'll struggle.

He's 6'3" and about 245 lbs with less than 8% body fat. He's a workout fanatic and bigger and stronger than most running backs and some linebackers. He hasn't shown any tendency for injury.

- Peter

Last edited:
I acutally think this is a good fit for Tebow and the Bronocos.

Like was said before, McDaniels has worked with some good QBs and is known around the league as a good QB developer.

Orton might not be a great NFL QB, but he has shown in Chicago and Denver that he can win and he "manages" the game well. Denver already has a backup QB in Quinn, so Tebow will be able to develop his throwing machanics(something he should have started after his junior year and not 3 months before the draft) and can be used in wildcat and goal line situations.

Although he will have to be listed on the 45 man roster and can't be the emergency 46th player to be the 3rd string QB(NFL rule - If a team brings in their 3rd string QB in the first 3 quarters than the first 2 QBs can't return).

Let's not forget the really important thing about the draft.

CJ Spiller was picked 9th overall. That boy can run. And catch. And throw.

Only college player to score a touchdown 5 different ways last season (run, catch, throw, punt, kickoff).

What can I say, I was a Clemson student.

Let's not forget the really important thing about the draft.

CJ Spiller was picked 9th overall. That boy can run. And catch. And throw.

Only college player to score a touchdown 5 different ways last season (run, catch, throw, punt, kickoff).

What can I say, I was a Clemson student.

I think CJ is going to be one of the best offensive players taken in this draft and that is coming from someone who doesn't like Clemson(UGA grad that grew up watching the Dawgs and Tigers play every year and wish they would bring that rivalry back).

Your thoughts?
+1 my thoughts exactly he should be a mid 2nd rounder without anyone batting an eye. He is an excellent character player.

The world of offensive lineman is changing though, Tebow is going to be running from these guys? I don't think so.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4-1e6Faglw

Kind regards,

Greybeard, 6'3 and 235 are the reports but that don't mean a thing if the guy who you think is your franchise QB won't get the opportunity to run. They aren't going to let him get as many rushing attempts as he did in college and he's not running at scrubs in the NFL. He's running at 300 lb lineman and 250-270 lb linebackers waiting to clothesline the guy.

Not to mention the serious concussion he got at the end of last year. I hope the guy does well, but I don't see it happening. I just hope his career doesn't forcefully end because it seem more than likely, if he doesn't change his style.

If he gets with the right offensive line, he could be good. I like Tebow, I hope he succeeds.

I agree, if he has the right line and time to grow he could be quite successful. I was surprised to see him go ahead of Clausen but not surprised that he went in the 1st Rd.

I don't think he's a first round talent, those guys are expected to come in and make an immediate impact. In fact, he could have been snagged much later, and been a better "value" (like Clausen and McCoy).

Having said that, I'd not bet against anyone with his drive despite all of the obstacles he has to overcome to become a starting NFL QB

I think Tebow's biggest assets are his attitude toward the game of football and his work ethic. Considering how tough it is to bust into professional sports to begin with, he's the type of person that's just happy to be afforded the opportunity to play. He wants to learn, and if that means playing other positions, I don't think Tim Tebow would be dissatisfied with that at all. Couple that with how hard he works and he might not be Hall-Of-Fame material, but I don't think he's going to be a bad football player at all.

Its funny when I read these remarks by people who obviously never played much of the game. Having played Division-1 for four years I can truthfully say that some people will never get it. Jimmy Clausen, like Sam Bradford is a loser, every time they played a great football team, they lost. Tim Tebow is a substantially better athlete, competed in a conference four times more difficult that either Clausen or Bradford played in, won the Heisman, and a National Championship. He is the greatest individual college offensive football player to ever play the game. I am not saying he will be the best professional player, but he was the best player in college football his last 3 years.
Its funny that people are stupid enough to think that the best player isn't a first round pick. As for him getting a concussion, I assure you he will give more than he receives because the great Eric Berry of UT got clocked every time he hit Tebow and he was supposedly one of the best defensive players in the NCAA. I would not be surprised to see him wining a Super Bowl in 4-5 years, nor would I be surprised if he got cut and became a minister and quit the game(which people would sneer at in the US now sadly). He is a natural leader, a winner, determined, and most importantly has his priorities in life in order. It shows the ignorance and shame of our society that people diminish his athletic ability because he is a Christian and believes firmly in the sanctity of God and human life.

Its funny when I read these remarks by people who obviously never played much of the game. Having played Division-1 for four years I can truthfully say that some people will never get it. Jimmy Clausen, like Sam Bradford is a loser, every time they played a great football team, they lost. Tim Tebow is a substantially better athlete, competed in a conference four times more difficult that either Clausen or Bradford played in, won the Heisman, and a National Championship. He is the greatest individual college offensive football player to ever play the game. I am not saying he will be the best professional player, but he was the best player in college football his last 3 years.
Its funny that people are stupid enough to think that the best player isn't a first round pick. As for him getting a concussion, I assure you he will give more than he receives because the great Eric Berry of UT got clocked every time he hit Tebow and he was supposedly one of the best defensive players in the NCAA. I would not be surprised to see him wining a Super Bowl in 4-5 years, nor would I be surprised if he got cut and became a minister and quit the game(which people would sneer at in the US now sadly). He is a natural leader, a winner, determined, and most importantly has his priorities in life in order. It shows the ignorance and shame of our society that people diminish his athletic ability because he is a Christian and believes firmly in the sanctity of God and human life.

Have you ever heard the saying "reasonable people can disagree"? When people disagree with you, it's not automatically stupid.

His throwing motion, lack of accuracy, lack of NFL style of offensive system mean he isn't a first round quarterback. This isn't coming from someone who never played the game at that level; it's coming from MANY NFL scouts, analysts, owners, and players. His religion has nothing to do with it.

Have you ever heard the saying "reasonable people can disagree"? When people disagree with you, it's not automatically stupid.

His throwing motion, lack of accuracy, lack of NFL style of offensive system mean he isn't a first round quarterback. This isn't coming from someone who never played the game at that level; it's coming from MANY NFL scouts, analysts, owners, and players. His religion has nothing to do with it.
Sure reasonable people can disagree. I didn't call any individual stupid. Let's think about the though, who would have ever thought Tom Brady would have been a great QB in college? The same people you refer to speaking about Tebow said similar things about Tom Brady. Let me guess, his super bowl wins don't count because of their thoughts on him early in his career?
My differences in opinion are more blunt than most. I have found most people who talk to me about being "reasonable" are extreme liberals and are actually less reasonable. I am not accusing you or any one of this, I just do not feel the need to be lectured on "reason".
I won't post here again in this thread. I just think it's unreasonable to say a player of his caliber isn't first round talent. I have played with a current CB starter playing foe the titans, and he thinks Tebow was the best person on offense in the draft. Perhaps he us unreasonable?
I for one will cheer him on.

Top Bottom