What's new

what else could happen to me..........

my cats were having a party while i was gone, they jumped on top of my sink and WHAMO,,,hey knocked down 4 of my razors onto the floor and damaged them, 2 toggles a torey straight(my 1st str8t)and a new. im send to a jewlrer in philly i think he make fix them. oh well how was you week?

I'd be looking into good homes (or not so good ones) for the cat(s) by now, but that's me.

I hope everything can be fixed.

Sorry to hear that, Alex. I hope the jeweler can get the razors fixed up for you. Were any cats "damaged" in the party antics? :blink:

I would be the proud new owner of a fiddle!

We have one cat and he is so lazy that he would not even catch a tiny little mouse that was eating out of his food bowl!

That little mouse popped from around the corner, ran over to the cat food bowl, jumped in, and picked up a kible of food. He placed the kible in his little cheek, like a pinch of snuff, and took off running. The cat looked up at me with a perked look upon his face that said,"Did you see that! You need to do something about these darn mice! They are eating me out of house and home!"

We promtly got us a dog, yes he will catch mice.

Josh

The breeder I got my cat from kept the litter box in the spare bathroom's tub, so I have to keep the bathroom door shut or she'll crap in the tub.:thumbdown

yikes isnt one of those toggles on da bay

no, i have like 5 toggles, 4 new deluxe big boys, 3 tuckaways new deluxe/norfolks and several other big ticket players that im starting to collect, i will sell the ones i dont use much.

Sorry to hear of your tough lesson.
I truly feel your pain.
Restricted access is the only way to go!

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Cats love knocking things over.

You've got to put things like that where they can't get to them but I guess you know that.

There is nothing like pets breaking your things. I've had one of my parrots chew through a monitor cable, ruing a $300 monitor. Anyway, I'm sorry that this happen but perhaps this event can make for interesting conversation for a while.

That little mouse popped from around the corner, ran over to the cat food bowl, jumped in, and picked up a kible of food. He placed the kible in his little cheek, like a pinch of snuff, and took off running. The cat looked up at me with a perked look upon his face that said,"Did you see that! You need to do something about these darn mice! They are eating me out of house and home!"

That sound like a scene from a Looney Tunes cartoon. But after the mouse put the kibble in his cheek, he would have taken the glove off his little paw and smacked the cat in the face, then run off. Sufferin' Succotash!!

Sorry to hear about your damages, Alex.

Alex,
You need to cat proof your razors. Damaging two toggles is not trivial. The last cat I owned could walk anywhere and never disturb a thing. But that was only one cat. Two cats can become playful and all caution goes to the wind. Sorry to hear about your misfortune. But I guarantee that in a year or two you'll forget about this episode. Or the cats will be gone.

Len

My cats are like family members they could bust anything I've got, I couldn't do anymore than yell at them. Pets are like kids if they can get to something
you might as well kiss it goodbye. Good luck with the jeweler I hope he is a miracle worker!

Beautiful picture Calcustom.

Last edited:
The breeder I got my cat from kept the litter box in the spare bathroom's tub, so I have to keep the bathroom door shut or she'll crap in the tub.:thumbdown

:lol: I have my own toilet tales, Bob. We have three cats and one day I got the harebrained idea that I was going to "potty train" them. One cat is 3, the other 8 and the oldest 12. My wife kept telling me it was a bad idea since they were different ages, but considering I am the one that empties the litter box twice a day I had some incentive. Well, I set up the toilet in our spare bathroom, and kept the litter box in the tub for a week. Then I rigged up a toilet-like cover for the litter box, and the cats seemed to be doing okay between that and the toilet. However, as the weeks progressed each of the cats had an accident or two. After a month, the 8 and 12 year old were more or less trained, but the 3 year old suddenly lost control of his bowels and was going all over the darn house. :001_rolle At that point I threw in the towel: Cats 15 - Dad 0. Unfortunately, after I put the lid down on the toilet and restored the litter box to its original state, our 8 year old started looking for anything with a drain and running water. We now have to keep our bathroom doors closed as well!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRppqaanECA[/YOUTUBE]

P.S. Keep your eyes out for the following BST thread: FT: Lightly used "Littler Qwitter" for soap. :tongue_sm

Last edited:
I share a place with two of the little demons. Alright, I love them to pieces, but you really have think ahead and cat-proof your place. They will get into anything and everything. They will also go where they know they're not supposed to and do things they know aren't allowed when humans are present.

Anything breakable or even slightly interesting to a cat has to be securely stowed.

I've had some luck providing them with plenty of toys. Sometimes they find their toys more interesting than my toys. Not always, but it helps.

The other thing that seems to help is the heated basket. I got a $10 heating pad at Target and put it into a basket with an old bath towel on top. The cats love it. It's like a cat magnet - they go for the warmth. It keeps them from getting into other trouble and it also does a great job of keeping them off the furniture. They thought the sofa was pretty nice, but it's not toasty warm like the basket.

Top Bottom