What's new

quality 24-hour clock? (analogue, not digital)

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Can any of you fine gentlemen direct me to a good quality analogue clock (hopefully a wall clock, but I'd take a desk clock in a pinch) that displays time in a "24 hour" mode.

Ideally, I'd like one where the hour hand makes only one rotation every day rather than two. Failing that, a dial-within-a-dial 24-hour clock would suffice.

I'm looking for a classicly understated clock, with clean lines and minimal clutter. I've seen a few on the internet that would otherwise fit the bill, but they invariably look like you bought them from an office supply store. I'd rather pay good money for something I'd be proud to display in my livingroom.

(I have relatives living overseas, and I'd like to know at a glance "what time is it there?" ... which is why the 24-hour display is important, rather than having one o'clock double for 13:00 hours when they take a regular clock and stick red or blue 13--24 next to the 1--12. The last thing I want to do is have that unfortunate "oh, it's two in the morning there? I thought it was two in the afternoon" telephone call ... :blushing:)

... and yes I know that unless you are FlavaFlav you don't "wear" clocks ... but since all the wristwatch threads are here ... :001_rolle

Top Bottom