What's new

Adjusting...

I'm sure many of you have seen my gorgeous new razor.

While it is certainly a work of art, this beautiful beast is requiring some major adjustment to technique.

If I recall correctly, most of the straights I used to have had blades around 2.5" (63.5mm) long. This new guy has a cutting edge of 3.25" (82.5mm). And that wicked French point isn't just for show, it's quite sharp.

So far, in 2 shaves, I have caught my jaw and earlobe. Nothing major, but painful nonetheless.

Any of you guys have one razor that is vastly beyond your normal range?

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I'm sure many of you have seen my gorgeous new razor.

While it is certainly a work of art, this beautiful beast is requiring some major adjustment to technique.

If I recall correctly, most of the straights I used to have had blades around 2.5" (63.5mm) long. This new guy has a cutting edge of 3.25" (82.5mm). And that wicked French point isn't just for show, it's quite sharp.

So far, in 2 shaves, I have caught my jaw and earlobe. Nothing major, but painful nonetheless.

Any of you guys have one razor that is vastly beyond your normal range?

No, I don't have one, I have a couple that are. :lol:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
That was actually the first thought I had after posting. I'm sure a lot of you have several odd-balls...

(Pics welcome :thumbup:)

I'm on the road currently in Clarksville, Tennessee and won't be home till Saturday, but I'll try to remember.

I picked up an 8/8th Friodur Spanish Point recently. It is definitely a monster. It has taken a bit to get used to, but I like it.

Here it is.

proxy.php

Top Bottom