What's new

Gizmodo and the iPhone

What do you think?

• The reveal was interesting, but now it's just tacky.

• I'm still interested.

• It's so bad I can hardly read the site anymore.

• You're all a bunch of geeks!

• Art is King of 4G.

Results are only viewable after voting.
So I assume most of you have heard about the iPhone 4 that was found and reported by Gizmodo?

If you read Gizmodo regularly, what do you think about recent posts on the site?

Stealth Marketing Ploy?

I don't see it... Mainly because they always whine about Apple's secrecy because they don't have an in, and because after a decade of micromanaging everything about their products, I doubt Jobs would have given gizmodo a scoop (especially when they criticized Apple for not mentioning his liver transplant, and then claimed he got preferential treatment).

I have really enjoyed the story. I think their coverage and reveal was spot on, as it is a site for geeks, and gizmos and stuff. The reason I have enjoyed it is I kinda think it's funny that Apple finally got beat at their own game. It's not often at all that Apple gets caught like this. Also, being a fan of everything Apple (except their computers oddly enough) it was fun to get a peek at the next iPhone. I'm typing this post on my wife's iPad btw. Lol

I really do feel bad for the kid who left it at the bar though! Hopefully Steve is merciful with his soul!

I had the same feeling looking at the pictures of the iPhone as I did when I moved aside my hamster cage in 1984, opened the door to the garage closet and found that Santa had gotten me skiis for Christmas ... it was nice knowing what I was getting, then I felt kind of guilty and there was no surprise at Christmas ... I had to fake it.

V

VR6ofpain

7500+ votes for Art in less 4 hours. I am impressed. Maybe Art is reading this on his 4G smartphone (Sprint LTE maybe)?

Apple has released too many things too close together. And no real surprises. The iPad has not sold me yet.

*gripe* I work on mac computers and the screws that they use in the newer ones are crap. They strip before they unscrew
*/gripe*

I like knowing what's going to replace my trusty 3G in a couple of months - that is a beautiful piece of hardware.

Though I think it was nasty for Gizmodo to out the responsible party and publicly humiliate him. I've screwed up *lots* of times and really feel for the guy.

It'll be an interesting lesson for Apple. They're always secretive. This time, they can't. I hope that the higher ups at Apple take a hard look at whether secrecy affects sales. My guess is that this phone will be a hit even with the early reveal.

I'm sure as hell going to buy one. Having seen it a couple months early only whets my appetite.

It looks great, but I could care less because of at&t. I like Apple, but as far as handsets go, I think the Droid and HTC are where it's at.

I read Gizmodo multiple times per day. Unfortunately there's too much apple crap on it right now. The original reveal was cool, the story behind it was even good, now I don't care anymore.

I'm an anti-apple guy. Not because I find one brand or operating system superior. It's because Apple has become nothing more than a status symbol for people with too much money. There was a point where apple normally made a superior product to many others, but I don't find that to be as true as it once was. Hardly ever actually, assuming you're gifted with tech smarts and know what to look for.

So like I don't know the whole story or anything but taking some ones phone at a bar is kinda not cool, like not even a little bit.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Im just hoping this new version is going to be moving to Verizon. Im tired of not having an iPhone

Quite bad form on their part to release Gray Powell's identity. With the letter from Apple and the quality of the prototype, they had enough the quiet skeptics on the phone's authenticity.

Quite bad form on their part to release Gray Powell's identity. With the letter from Apple and the quality of the prototype, they had enough the quiet skeptics on the phone's authenticity.

I get that putting the guys name out could protect him but they did it with absolutely no class at all (this is a huge part of why I hate Gwaker its like the NYpost for people with laptops and way to much time and too little class).

Also what with news organizations posting screen grabs of peoples fb pages? if you looked at mine right now you would think that I was going to parties in NYC, Miami, London, Paris, LA and Boston tonight and my status updates are mostly inside jokes and absolute non-sense.

Top Bottom