What's new

Anyone get the Big Fellow case

The case has what looks to be Gillette New head with a Canadian handle. The pictures look like seller took them at a angle to make the head look like a new Deluxe head

That's the New Big Fellow hybrid. It has a shorter handle then the other Big Boy/Big Fellow models. It's kinda rare and at $82.50 It's quite a bargain. I paid a lot more for mine. You just don't see them often. See Krumholz page 233.

Len

my understanding from reading the book was that the metal cases were from the older big fellows, but the razors were the big boys, which did have a shorter handle than the big fellows. (see the page previous 231.)

my understanding from reading the book was that the metal cases were from the older big fellows, but the razors were the big boys, which did have a shorter handle than the big fellows. (see the page previous 231.)

The original Old Type Big Fellow came in the all wooden case. That was only sold for a short time and the New Improved Big Fellow was then introduced and had the same wooden case.

The New Improved Big Fellow and the New Deluxe Big Boy also used a metal case. The case was the same for both. They had the same length handle and the case was large to accommodate the length.

The New Big Fellow was made with the common New head and a shorter handle. It was sold in the same larger case as the Deluxe and is what Krumholz calls the Big Boy/Big Fellow hybrid. On page 232 Krumholz mentioned the New Big Boy used the leftover cases. This case is actually a mismatch for the razor.

If you look at the photo Mike posted you can see the razor is too short for the case.

Len

Last edited:
Wow, wish I'd been watching lately. That's the one variant I lack, 7 Big Fellows in total, no New Big Fellow as yet.

Top Bottom