What's new

Good times bad times

Gentlemen,

Recently, I haven't been around nearly as much as I would like. I always live by my motto of "Life is only good because it is sometimes not good." , only lately I have been living in the "not good" part of life. But no matter, in time things will get better and what I am going through right now will surely make the small pleasures in life seem even sweeter.

I just wanted to say to all of my B&B friends, thanks for your support. I never in my life would think that someone could find friendship and support at an online shaving forum. Well now I know that B&B is not an "online shaving forum."

I will never tire of singing the praises of this place and the fine people who make it so damn special.

Thank you.

Well baba, when I have to go through the bad times, I remind myself that "Tough times don't last, tough people do".
It helps knowing that there are friends out there.

I may be violating copyright or something by quoting M.L. Gore:

"Pain and misery always hit the spot
Knowing you can't lose what you haven't got"

Probably again violating copyright by paraphrasing someone much more important:

"You must first lose yourself before you can find yourself"

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that times have been tough Jim, but your attitude sounds good and that should get you through to the sunnier days which are sure to come back soon.
take care

I'm sorry to hear that you are going through tough times right now. You certainly have the right attitude to get through this and start enjoying the good times again.

Jim, I was wondering what to save post #500 for and this seems appropriate.

Fellas I have been messaging Jim a bit and he is a really positive person, trying to stay upbeat and keep on top of things. There is a sincerity that I get from him that manages to come right through the limits of anonymous on-line communication.

I have realized through Jim (and many other members here) that friendships, respect for others, good humour and indeed all the great qualities that we can display to one another as humans, exist here at B&B.

I got into wet shaving as both a money issue and an embrace of better shaves from a simpler, less cluttered time...I certainly have enjoyed the shaves, but I have enjoyed the camaraderie even more. Who came into any on-line forum expecting to make honest friends?

It seems counterintuitive to step backward in time in so many things (shaving, watches, fountain pens, music etc) while using the latest communication technologies to explore them. I can honestly say the friendships I have here are just as real and valid as the ones I have in the brick and mortar world.

Thanks Jim for being part of a neat growing experience for me and I am sure many others. We, your B&B friends are here for you, if you need anything or just want to chat or blow off steam just ask.

Now that was a good way to spend a 500th post!

Cheers

Dod

Last edited:
Jim,

Sorry to hear things are not going well for you. From reading your post I feel that you are a true gentleman and and an asset to these boards.

Hang in there brother, it will get better!

i may be violating copyright or something by quoting m.l. Gore:

"pain and misery always hit the spot
knowing you can't lose what you haven't got"

probably again violating copyright by paraphrasing someone much more important:

"you must first lose yourself before you can find yourself"

+1

If I don't get on the site for a couple of days (or even hours) I feel lost and concerned something is going on that I might miss.

It's a good thing we don't have the internet at work, or I might never get work done.

Top Bottom