What's new

Paranoia or justified concern?

Was looking at french soaps and decided to check out Cade at the L'Occitane website (looking for ingredients). The soap is currently out of stock. Naturally I was fearing the worst - especially after I just realized how awesome Cade is. I emailed them and received a response that stated they were merely out of stock. What do you guys think... who's going to pick up another puck just in case?

I've seen them go out of stock and re-stock several times over the past year. Keeping my fingers crossed, but I think it's just normal for them.

I've already got a spare puck, but it might not hurt to grab another one or two. Cade is reasonable enough and gives a terrific shave.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
While I can't use Cade, it is good to have spare everything. I should have enough razors to last the rest of my life, but I am getting dangerously low on blades, probably less than 100.

When I picked up a bottle of Eau de Vetyver, I was told that L'O has stringent requirements on the supply chain. For EdV, the vetyver oil is never sourced from another company, only L'Occitane's production. If the rest of their products follow a similar plan, intermittent stocking would be normal.

(Source: Natasha at the Sherman Oaks Fashion Square)

I don't know if the L'Occitane products you find in the US are made there or in France, but if they come from France, they may have a problem due to the cancellation of any flights (merchandise and passengers) to and from Europe since last Friday.

Top Bottom