What's new

2010 Boston Marathon

Hi gents,

Anyone see it today? Thoughts?

Too bad for us Americans... 4th and 5th place overall. I think the announcers said we were expecting to do better.
I got to see most of the runners go by Heartbreak Hill as I live around that area. I was actually thinking of popping down to the Boston Public Library to see the finishers but decided against it after seeing the crowds.

-ice

Hey, don't worry, i was really suprised that white Russian girl managed to take second place behind kenian girl.Its really a wonder and the 4th and 5th place for your runners is too.Genetics!!!

I got to see most of the runners go by Heartbreak Hill as I live around that area.

I grew up in Newton (not near Heartbreak Hill), and, I've only missed 6 marathons in 40 years (watching, not running, that is.)

I lived in Natick, now, less than a half mile away from 135, which is much closer to the "start" of the race. Watching runners there is completely different experience than watching on HH. First of all, they pass by a lot sooner, Secondly, most of them are still running quite fast and with a lot of energy. By the time they get to HH, at least half of them look like they're ready to keel over.

Jeff in Boston area

Top Bottom