What's new

How close is noxzema to proraso pre/post?

Seriously,

these feel and smell REALLY similar. The ingredient lists aren't the same, but they're close.

Does anybody do a preshave withthe noxzema??:confused:

Thats interesting. Are you referring to the basic Noxzema cream? If so that is really easy to find. I to am interested.

I did a little digging and this is what I found. I highlighted all matching ingredients. Now I did not do to much research on ingredients so some of the ingredients I didn't match could serve the same purpose.

I will do a little more research on all the chemicals in Proaso, and find out what are active ingredients, preservatives, fillers, and so on.

Kirk

proxy.php

Seriously,

these feel and smell REALLY similar. The ingredient lists aren't the same, but they're close.

Does anybody do a preshave withthe noxzema??:confused:

To me, they are very close. Yes, I have used Noxema as a preshave and, in my opinion, it works well.

I still have a slight preference for the Proraso because its aroma is a bit brighter and cleaner. But, considering the price differential, the Noxema is excellent.

I also use it as a post-shave and I sometimes (on these cold, dry winter days) put a light coat of it all over my face before heading off to work.

Tim

I have been using a noxema "cold cream" dollar store knock off for the past week in the following order. (I used to use Noxema, but that was a long time ago when an ex turned me onto it, it was not a part of the shave rotation, just a once in a while)
anyways, here is my routine

AM Routine
-first, warm wash cloth on face
-MB soap and shave, wipe face with warm wet washcloth
-Noxema whole face and neck, avoiding eyes, and upper lip
-very tingly for about 2-4 minutes
-then shower as usual
-then, dry off and apply balm. (have been using the eShave cuke and white tea sample)

I too am curious how this compares to proraso.
I think that the results sound very similar. I don't like to "numb" my face prior to shaving, but as a post, it really smooths everything out. my face has really not been this clear in a long time.

One thing that Noxema is used for is to remove stage makeup from the face after a performance. I doubt that Proraso would be as effective for that.

I use Noxzema, the original in the blue jar, as a face wash prior to shaving.

Rince face with hot water, take a small glob of Noxzema, wash face with it than rinse with hot water.

Than I lather with the soap or cream of the day, and shave. I have used it this way for at least the last forty years. Really cleans your face. :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Top Bottom