What's new

What's the significance of your avatar on B&B?

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
The Fonz from Happy Days was always cool...but when he had to seek a higher power for advice, it was James Dean. James Dean's poster was on Fonzie's inside closet door.

I have used another avatar and it was the first pick for me...Gene Wilder from Young Frankenstein.
$images (2).jpg
This guy makes me laugh.

A small tribute to Sandy Jardine, one of the finest players to ever don Glasgow Rangers jersey, who died today at the young age of 65.

I can't eek out a preference among edges or among grinds. My preferred razor type is the last one that gave me a great shave. Soap or creams; badger or boar. It all tastes like chicken.

Salute to Wet Shaving. This was an image from the 1949 cartoon by Tex Avery titled "The House of tomorrow" . This was a look towards the year 2050 and the everyday life. One scene depicted a robot that shaved you with brush, lather, and an OC razor.

When I was starting DE shaving it felt like I was doing something from a throwback era, so I sought out a vintage picture. I liked this one because it also struck me as the picture of a gentleman (whether that is true of this actual man I do not know), and I thought it would be a good reminder to conduct myself in a gentlemanly manner.

I'm very big into retro and vintage. I also have a small dog so the picture was classic. I'm huge into theater and wanted a clever pun for one of the best known "barbers" of fleet street.
My signature is a play off Casablanca.

well king of the hill is my favorite tv show so i named my account rusty shackleford (his real name is dale gribble but dont tell anyone lol) after my favorite character so naturally my avatar is a pic of him.

I grew up watching Earnhardt and was a fan through thick and thin, one of the last who had to win on the weekend to eat the next week. When he died, I lost a friend I never met, hence the screen name and the avatar.

Changed it again. Captain Spaulding was giving me the creeps. With my new haircut and the bit of beard I have let grow in, I look a lot like Salvador, a character from the video game Borderlands 2. Seemed appropriate.

My avatar is currently an old logo of the Bonnaroo Music Festival. Going to Bonnaroo this June, can't wait!!

Mine is Vault Boy, the (unofficial?) mascot for the Fallout video game series, and the official mascot for the Vault-Tec company that appears in-game.

And I know I've seen at least one other once since I've been here:wink2:

Mine is a Pabst Blue Ribbon cartoon drawing of popular '80s characters. I chose it because I was born in the '80s and yes, I actually like PBR!

Top Bottom