What's new

What's the significance of your avatar on B&B?

OldSaw

The wife's investment
The DE, brush and lather bowl that I keep at my cottage. The bowl was made by a friend of mine, who has since made an even better one for me. I set this up on the deck rail one day and took a pic just so I would have something "for now" until I found something that suited me better.

I never really found anything that could sum up my persona, so to speak, and now this is what people expect to see when they read my posts.

I have selected Infra Man for my avatar because:
  • Infra Man is awesome
  • I have been a longtime fan of Japanese kaiju cinema (giant monster movies)
  • Giant robot kung fu!
  • Used to work in the FX biz, making cheesy monsters for B movies
  • Cheesy B-monster movies make me happy

My avi dates back to the "Great Muppet Take Over" of... whenever it was. A bunch of us were given muppet-based avatars by the mods back then (many have kept them). I had been given the hippie chick from the band, but changed it to "Cesar Penguin" as I've always had a "Tux" (Linux) penguin as my avi since joining. (Cesar never actually appeared on the Mupett Show, but is part of the "sister universe" of Sesame Street.) The sable hat was added after I deposed Lynchmeister as Czar of the Cheddar Curtain.

Last edited:
Very True, Very True. I love me some Metallica, although I can't say that I feel Robert Trujillo fits in with them now. Don't get me wrong, he is one of the best bass players around. Just don't think he fits in with Metallica. IMO

Cliff Burton - one of the most talented and adventurous bass players we're ever likely to see, and one of the key members of my favourite band, Metallica. I can only wonder what he would have achieved had he lived long enough - I'd like to think he would have ended up with a downtuned seventh string bass (like the seven string guitars used by a lot of bands recently) and made the world's bowels rumble.

I'll take the cannon you have for sale. PM sent. I have a neighbor i wanna show it to.

I'm a gun dealer and a concealed handgun license instructor in the great state of Texas. My avatar is a photo my wife took of me next to a cannon on the grounds outside the Capitol building in Austin. We were in town to renew my certification to teach CHL classes. I figured big guns, American Arms Dealer...you get the idea!

YAMRA (Yet-another-music-related-avatar)

Mine's the cover art for Radiator by the group Super Furry Animals. SFA OK!

Mine is my wife. She does pin-up modeling on occasion, this is from a shoot. I think she is easy on the eyes, it makes me smile to see her!

I'm admittedly an avatar changer from time to time, not weekly or daily but once in a while I like to change my look. I have 4711 up because I have been using it since I was a sophomore in High School! I found it at a 'perfumania' in the 1 gallon (I kid, more like .5 gallon- which can ironically be found at walmart these days)anyway, an extra large bottle and I used it all the time(still do). It was unique among the "CK1" and "TommyBoy" of my day.

Top Bottom