What's new

Aggressive DE razors?

That looks stunning. Always wanted to try a Mühle. Might try this one out when I decide to take the dive. I do like an aggressive razor.

The grip looks fluted like a Merkur Progress(which i love). is it similar???

It is fluted and very easy to grip, even with wet hands. I don't own a Progress so I can't compare the two.

I think there is more to aggressiveness than gap and exposure. Those are big factors, but the sum is different than the parts.

Very true. My Brit #15 is very aggressive, but not just due to blade gap. I think it's more in the orientation of the thick TTO door and the blade. It just forces you to shave with a more acute angle. Anybody find this to be true?

I am new to DE shaving (I have been doing it for about 2-3 months) and I love it. It just keeps getting better. At the moment I am shaving with a 60´s Gillette Slim Twist that I really like. I have read around here that it is a very mild razor. Now I am getting interested in trying more aggressive razors as my technique is getting better. Can anyone give me an example of a really aggressive razor? Any examples for mild and medium aggressive models?
I would really appreciate some guidance. :)

Tnak you in advance, gentlemen!

Get a Merkur 37c Slant Bar. It is a super smooth and aggressive shaver. I struggled with getting a BBS shave with my Merkur 34c without shaving my face raw with 100 passes but this cuts through my tough beard like butter without the irritation.

I have been shaving with a Gillette Knack for seven years(maybe more, it is hard to count). I have always thought it as a gentle (ie VERY comfy) shave, but I have heard other people say it was a mid-aggressive shave.

Legion

Staff member
The Gillette Bulldog is the most aggressive I have tried. It was pretty much like using a blade on a stick.

Top Bottom