What's new

english wilkinson super sword-edge blades info

I recently found this in a lot of gear so I'm looking to see if anyone is familiar with these blades.

They say "made in england" on the back.

I know there have been different versions of Wilkinson blades but couldn't pinpoint this one in the forum.

Are these any good? They are still shrinkwrapped so I'm debating opening the package and trying one out.

Thanks.

Rafi

The English made Wilkinsons are supposed to be some of the best DE blades ever made...Are they newish or old stock?

I recently found this in a lot of gear so I'm looking to see if anyone is familiar with these blades.

They say "made in england" on the back.

I know there have been different versions of Wilkinson blades but couldn't pinpoint this one in the forum.

Are these any good? They are still shrinkwrapped so I'm debating opening the package and trying one out.

Thanks.

Rafi

They're no good. So send them to me and I'll dispose of them properly.

Yes, these are NOS.

I just got done using one blade and I can see why these are so highly regarded. I just have to say wow. :w00t:

Yellow Gillette 7 o'clocks used to be my favorite blades but these Wilks just passed them.

The blade just glided over the beard, no matter atg, wtg or touching up afterward. It felt like it was skating on ice. That smooth and very sharp.

The sad part is that I have so few I know this shaving nirvana is going to end soon if I keep using it and can't find anymore.

The sad part is that I have so few I know this shaving nirvana is going to end soon if I keep using it and can't find anymore.
My suggestion: use the Gillette yellows for your first pass or two and the Wilk for your final pass only. The resulting shave will be the same, and with less passes, the Wilk will last a looong time--longer than 3 shaves, anyway. I've been using this technique for a while with NOS blades for and it works well.

My suggestion: use the Gillette yellows for your first pass or two and the Wilk for your final pass only. The resulting shave will be the same, and with less passes, the Wilk will last a looong time--longer than 3 shaves, anyway. I've been using this technique for a while with NOS blades for and it works well.

Are you changing the blade in the razor or changing razors when you do this?

I have seen these blades recently for $5 for 5, kind of steep.

Great blades. I found 45 old ones at a Goodwill store for $2, there's a couple pictures of them floating around here.They are really, really good blades.

Are you changing the blade in the razor or changing razors when you do this?

I have seen these blades recently for $5 for 5, kind of steep.
I use separate razors. I have a few blades in very limited supply and I use this method to extend their life. I can make a NOS Wilk last well over a week this way, a blade I normally only get two shaves from. I should write up a post I guess.

And $5? for that blade? Not worth it. The seller may be asking that, but they won't get it. It is a decent blade, but you can usually pick up Light Brigades for a buck or so and Personna 74's for about $2. A better investment, IMHO.

Since there are several different variations of Made in England Wilkinson blades, are all of them the same, even if the packaging is different?

Would it be safe to assume that if the cardboard cover is white, black or some other variation, so long as it says "Made in England" it can be considered one and the same as all the other English Wilks?

Thanks.

Rafi

Top Bottom