What's new

Who's number 2?

So it's been long decided that Feather is the sharpest blade out there and is my blade of choice. I don't get the feeling there is a definitive number 2 sharpest blade. So I pose this question out of curiosity....
Based on you guys experience what is the number 2 sharpest blade on the market?

I will also chime in with Iridium Super as being a close second for sharpness. It beats out number of fine blades in doing so.

+1 on Iridiums. They're my #1 blade because they're nearly Feather-sharp but don't cause as many Featherlacerations.

:laugh:

Jeff in Boston

I don't know if you're solely looking for the sharpest blade, or the best blade. There is a difference. Make mine a Shark.

I just thought of another contender for the second-sharpest blade: Personna medical grade blades. Limited reviews seem to indicate that it is very sharp, I think I'm going to order some up and see.

Among blades currently produced, I'd agree with the yellow 7 o'clocks/Super Iridiums. I just used a fresh Personna 74 today, and it's up there with a Feather in terms of sharpness, although I'd say that the Feather is still the sharpest blade out there. However, a Personna 74 lasts forever, and for me, the Feather is signficantly duller on second use.

Top Bottom