What's new

Any rare straights?

I'm not sure if it is rare, but I think this J. Rodgers with ivory scales is pretty cool.

proxy.php

And another one...A Cosley (Colley?) & Sons rescaled in giraffe bone. Probably a few out there, but I've only seen one other. So I call it rare.

proxy.php

I like this Barber and I know Henry and Mike do too :)
proxy.php

proxy.php

There are at least 6 others out there (it's 'Saturday' from a set), and I've seen one other on one of the "collector's" websites.
Probably the best shaving early 1800s razors, but the carved ivory scales with the metal tips on the spikes are more desirable to me than the blade itself.
The repair at the wedge pin is acrylic that one of the SRP members who's a dental technician did for it.
I haven't done anything to the blade.

Last edited:
...but the carved ivory scales with the metal tips on the spikes are more desirable to me than the blade itself.

Ivan,

I'd be happy to take that substandard blade off your hands... :001_rolle

Mike

BTW, I shaved with my John Barber just this morning. Great shave!

proxy.php

proxy.php

There are at least 6 others out there (it's 'Saturday' from a set), and I've seen one other on one of the "collector's" websites.
Probably the best shaving early 1800s razors, but the carved ivory scales with the metal tips on the spikes are more desirable to me than the blade itself.
The repair at the wedge pin is acrylic that one of the SRP members who's a dental technician did for it.

The blade is cool and all, but those ivory scales are delicious and you are well aware of my love for ivory

Beautiful razors gents!

full

5/8 Western Bros De-Fi w/ stag scales.

Last edited by a moderator:
proxy.php

proxy.php

Yes indeed I do! Its a beauty.

I really like the Shumate Shuraco :drool:, what are the scales made of?

Hi shm. :001_smile

The Shumate Shuraco is one of my favorites. The tang is covered in genuine Mother of Pearl and the scales are made of deluxe celluloid in what's called a "Waterfall" pattern. Although I have scene other razors with similar scales, I've never seen another with such a real 3D effect as this Shuraco. A real beauty.

Love your beautiful SOTD photos by the way! :biggrin1:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Not to mention that it's a masonic razor as well.

Top Bottom