What's new

Bachelor party cigar suggestions?

My buddy is getting married in a few weeks. He's the first of our long-time group of friends to do so. We've all known each other since middle/high school, and we're in our mid-20's now.

The bachelor party plan is to rent a beach house for a weekend and go charter fishing for a half a day before hitting the local bars and letting the hilarity ensue.

I'd like to provide a decent box of smokes for us.

Our group consists of people ranging from smoking a cigar or two a year to those that enjoy a couple a month. No one's a daily smoker. I was thinking something with a medium strength and a good body. Preferably in a maduro size. I'd like something that is accessible enough for new smokers, but still has enough character for more experienced smokers to enjoy.

My budget is $100 to $125, so I can't get anything really high-end. I figure that for $125 I should be able to get something decent. If there's a substantial increase in quality for a little more money, let me know.

Any suggestions?

Maduro is the wrapper not a size, it is dark and usually rich in flavor. If that's what you are looking for, Partagas Black is a good one and the occasional smoker doesn't typically find it overwhelming. Price is in your range also for a 20 stick box.

Partagas Black

Cigars International also offers some pretty tasty samplers...
Samplers

Also while at CI check out the offerings from 5Vegas (Cinco Vegas), another line of inexpensive but good smokes.

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
You will get a different answer from everyone, but I am going to say Perdomo Lot 23. This cigar will not be too strong for an occasional smoker, and definitely will make the other guys happy too.

camacho triple maduro:lol:

ok, ok, so it may not be the best for the non cigar smoker, but it's my favorite.

what i used to do when we got together was get nice cigars for the people that would appreciate them, and cheap-os for the ones that wouldn't.

although, if you are trying to find one that will work all around, i'd have to say
+1 to the rockys
+1 to the partagas
and possibly look into some gurkhas.

it's been a while since i had one, but i recall having a punch or two that were pretty smooth.

Acids can be had for a decent price.. the Kuba Kuba (blue wrapper) is a good flavored cigar, but if you are going for something smoother get the purple wrapper, which is a maduro. My friends who don't smoke anything else will smoke these, so it's a pretty safe bet.

Or, the Cain F.

Maduro is the wrapper not a size, it is dark and usually rich in flavor.

I meant a robusto size cigar, not maduro. Sorry about that. Typing too fast:blush:

I've enjoyed both Rockys and Partagas in the past. In fact, the RP 1990's are one of my go-tos for giving people that haven't smoked many cigars. I was actually thinking about going for the Partagas, but I didn't know which kind to try. Thanks for the suggestion of the Blacks.

Also, any suggestion for which Gurkha to try? I've been looking for an excuse to give them a shot.

one gurkha that i particularly enjoyed several years ago was the genghis khan. it was a dual wrapper in the style of a barber pole-- perfect for discussion here:lol:. iirc it was maduro and connecticut. quite tasty.

You will get a different answer from everyone, but I am going to say Perdomo Lot 23. This cigar will not be too strong for an occasional smoker, and definitely will make the other guys happy too.

+3 Perdomos are one of my favorites and the lot 23 or 3000s (my recommendation) are very approachable for the average or beginner smoker. They also won't set you back too much and are right in your price range for some well balanced cigars.

Lastly, for a bacehlor party you really only need a solid smoke - nothing too special or complex, becuase I find that many of the nuances of the cigar get lost in those sorts of functions where the smokers have other things on their minds :laugh:.

You can't go wrong with Drew Estates, particularly their Acid line. Reasonably priced, aromatic, flavorful, and a very enjoyable smoke.

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Many guys whom smoke cigars regularly will not appreciate acids. No offense meant to anyone that like them, but traditionalist usually will turn their nose up at them.

Many guys whom smoke cigars regularly will not appreciate acids. No offense meant to anyone that like them, but traditionalist usually will turn their nose up at them.

+1

a kuba kuba was my first smoke ever. i liked it and i was hooked on cigars. i moved on to more "traditional" cigars and when i came back to try the kuba again after a few months i didn't like it at all.

IMHO...stick with the RPs..either Edge or 1990s...or if you are looking for a great all-around crowd pleaser for newbs...go with Montesino.

I'd go for a box of something slightly nicer for a bachelor party, especially if they're going to be guys who aren't the puff and toss.
I'd seriously recommend you smoke the ACID before you start buying a box of them. To me, they're like bath and body works exploded in your mouth (in a bad way)

I vote for something like Tatuaje Havana VI, if you guys like something a little more medium full bodied or La Flor Dominicana L300 (availible in both Sungrown and Oscuro wrappers)
or for milder- Griffins, Ashton, Zino Platinum, CAO Gold

Top Bottom